Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 26 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















SEPTEMBER 26


PSALMS:  26, 56, 86, 116, 146

PROVERBS:  26

OLD TESTAMENT:  MICAH 5:1 - 7:20

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 7:1 - 17


PSALMS:  26

1 Judge me, LORD, for I have walked in my integrity. 
I have trusted also in LORD without wavering. 
2 Examine me, LORD, and prove me. 
Try my heart and my mind. 
3 For your loving kindness is before my eyes. 
I have walked in your truth. 
4 I have not sat with deceitful men, 
Neither will I go in with hypocrites. 
5 I hate the assembly of evil-doers, 
And will not sit with the wicked. 
6 I will wash my hands in innocence, 
So I will go about your altar, LORD; 
7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard, 
And tell of all your wondrous works. 
8 LORD, I love the habitation of your house, 
The place where your glory dwells. 
9 Don't gather my soul with sinners, 
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men; 
10 In whose hands is wickedness, 
Their right hand is full of bribes. 
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity. 
Redeem me, and be merciful to me. 
12 My foot stands in an even place. 
In the congregations will I bless the LORD.


PSALMS:  56

1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up. 
All day long, he attacks and oppresses me. 
2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long, 
For they are many who fight proudly against me. 
3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 
4 In God, I praise his word. In God, 
I put my trust. I will not be afraid. 
What can flesh do to me? 
5 All day long they twist my words. 
All their thoughts are against me for evil. 
6 They conspire and lurk, 
Watching my steps, they are eager to take my life. 
7 Shall they escape by iniquity? I
n anger cast down the peoples, God. 
8 You number my wanderings. 
You put my tears into your bottle. 
Aren't they in your book? 
9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I call. 
I know this, that God is for me. 
10 In God, I will praise his word. In the LORD, 
I will praise his word. 
11 I have put my trust in God. 
I will not be afraid. 
What can man do to me? 
12 Your vows are on me, God.
 I will give thank offerings to you. 
13 For you have delivered my soul from death, 
And prevented my feet from falling, 
That I may walk before God in the light of the living.


PSALMS:  86

1 Hear, LORD, and answer me, 
For I am poor and needy. 
2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly. 
You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you. 
3 Be merciful to me, Lord, 
For I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, 
For to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul. 
5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; 
Abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you. 
6 Hear, LORD, my prayer. 
Listen to the voice of my petitions. 
7  In the day of my trouble I will call on you, 
For you will answer me. 
8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord, 
Nor any deeds like your deeds. 
9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord. 
They shall glorify your name. 
10 For you are great, and do wondrous things. 
You are God alone. 
11 Teach me your way, LORD. 
I will walk in your truth. 
Make my heart undivided to fear your name. 
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart. 
I will glorify your name forevermore. 
13 For your loving kindness is great toward me. 
You have delivered my soul from the lowest She'ol. 
14 God, the proud have risen up against me. 
A company of violent men have sought after my soul, 
And they don't hold regard for you before them. 
15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, 
Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth. 
16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me! 
Give your strength to your servant. 
Save the son of your handmaid. 
17  Show me a sign of your goodness, 
That those who hate me may see it, and be put to shame, 
Because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me.


PSALMS:  116

1 I love the LORD, because he listens to my voice, 
And my cries for mercy. 
2 Because he has turned his ear to me, 
Therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 
3 The cords of death surrounded me, 
The pains of She'ol got a hold on me. 
I found trouble and sorrow. 
4 Then called I on the name of the LORD: 
"The LORD, I beg you, deliver my soul." 
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; 
Yes, our God is merciful. 
6 The LORD preserves the simple. 
I was brought low, and he saved me. 
7 Return to your rest, my soul, 
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 
8 For you have delivered my soul from death, 
My eyes from tears, 
And my feet from falling. 
9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 
10 I believed, therefore I said, 
"I was greatly afflicted." 
11 I said in my haste, 
"All men are liars." 
12 What will I give to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, 
and call on the name of the LORD. 
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD, 
Yes, in the presence of all his people. 
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his holy ones. 
16 LORD, truly I am your servant. 
I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. 
You have freed me from my chains. 
17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, 
And will call on the name of the LORD. 
18 I will pay my vows to the LORD, 
Yes, in the presence of all his people, 
19 In the courts of the LORD's house, 
In the midst of you, Yerushalayim. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  146

1 Praise the LORD! 
Praise the LORD, my soul. 
2 While I live, I will praise the LORD. 
I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist. 
3 Don't put your trust in princes, 
Each a son of man in whom there is no help. 
4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the eretz. 
In that very day, his thoughts perish. 
5 Happy is he who has the God of Ya`akov for his help, 
Whose hope is in the LORD, his God: 
6 Who made heaven and eretz, 
The sea, and all that is in them; 
Who keeps truth forever; 
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed; 
Who gives food to the hungry. 
The LORD frees the prisoners. 
8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind. 
The LORD raises up those who are bowed down. 
The LORD loves the righteous. 
9 The LORD preserves the sojourners. 
He upholds the fatherless and widow, 
But the way of the wicked he turns upside down. 
10 The LORD will reign forever; 
Your God, O Tziyon, to all generations. Praise the LORD!


PROVERBS:  26

1 Like snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, 
So honor is not fitting for a fool. 
2 Like a fluttering sparrow, 
Like a darting swallow, 
So the undeserved curse doesn't come to rest. 
3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, 
And a rod for the back of fools! 
4 Don't answer a fool according to his folly, 
Lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, 
Lest he be wise in his own eyes. 
6 One who sends a message by the hand of a fool 
Is cutting off feet and drinking violence. 
7 Like the legs of the lame that hang loose: 
So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 
8 As one who binds a stone in a sling, 
So is he who gives honor to a fool. 
9 Like a thornbush that goes into the hand of a drunkard, 
So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 
10 As an archer who wounds all, 
So is he who hires a fool
 Or he who hires those who pass by. 
11 As a dog that returns to his vomit, 
So is a fool who repeats his folly. 
12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? 
There is more hope for a fool than for him. 
13 The sluggard says, 
"There is a lion in the road! 
A fierce lion roams the streets!" 
14 As the door turns on its hinges, 
So does the sluggard on his bed. 
15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish. 
He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth. 
16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes 
Than seven men who answer with discretion. 
17 Like one who seizes a dog's ears 
Is one who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own. 
18 Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, 
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says,
 "Am I not joking?" 
20 For lack of wood the fire goes out; 
Where there is no gossip, a quarrel dies down. 
21 As coals are to hot embers, And wood to fire, 
So is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22 The words of a whisperer are as dainty morsels, 
They go down into the innermost parts. 
23 Like silver dross on an earthen vessel 
Are the lips of a fervent one with an evil heart. 
24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips, 
But he harbors evil in his heart. 
25 When his speech is charming, don't believe him; 
For there are seven abominations in his heart: 
26 His malice may be concealed by deception, 
But his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. 
27  Whoever digs a pit shall fall into it. ‘
Whoever rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 
28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts; 
And a flattering mouth works ruin.


OLD TESTAMENT:  MICAH 5:1 - 7:20

5:1 Now you shall gather yourself in troops, Daughter of troops. He has laid siege against us; They will strike the judge of Yisra'el with a rod on the cheek. 2 But you, Beit-Lechem Efratah, Being small among the clans of Yehudah, Out of you one will come forth to me that is to be ruler in Yisra'el; Whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting. 3 Therefore he will abandon them until the time that she who is in labor gives birth. Then the rest of his brothers will return to the children of Yisra'el. 4 He shall stand, and shall shepherd in the strength of the LORD, In the majesty of the name of the LORD his God: And they will live, for then he will be great to the ends of the eretz. 5 He will be our shalom when Ashshur invades our land, And when he marches through our fortresses, Then we will raise against him seven shepherds, And eight leaders of men. 6 They will rule the land of Ashshur with the sword, And the land of Nimrod in its gates. He will deliver us from the Ashshur, When he invades our land, And when he marches within our border. 7  The remnant of Ya`akov will be in the midst of many peoples, Like dew from the LORD, Like showers on the grass, That don't wait for man, Nor wait for the sons of men. 8 The remnant of Ya`akov will be among the nations, In the midst of many peoples, Like a lion among the animals of the forest, Like a young lion among the flocks of sheep; Who, if he goes through, treads down and tears in pieces, And there is no one to deliver. 9 Let your hand be lifted up above your adversaries, And let all of your enemies be cut off. 10 "It will happen in that day," says the LORD, "That I will cut off your horses out of the midst of you, And will destroy your chariots. 11 I will cut off the cities of your land, And will tear down all your strongholds. 12 I will destroy witchcraft from your hand; And you shall have no soothsayers. 13 I will cut off your engraved images and your pillars out of your midst; And you shall no more worship the work of your hands. 14 I will uproot your Asherim out of your midst; And I will destroy your cities. 15 I will execute vengeance in anger, And wrath on the nations that didn't listen." 

6:1 Listen now to what the LORD says: "Arise, plead your case before the mountains, And let the hills hear what you have to say. 2 Hear, you mountains, the LORD's controversy, And you enduring foundations of the eretz; For the LORD has a controversy with his people, And he will contend with Yisra'el. 3 My people, what have I done to you? How have I burdened you? Answer me! 4 For I brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim, And redeemed you out of the house of bondage. I sent before you Moshe, Aharon, and Miryam. 5 My people, remember now what Balak king of Mo'av devised, And what Bil`am the son of Be'or answered him from Shittim to Gilgal, That you may know the righteous acts of the LORD." 6 How shall I come before the LORD, And bow myself before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old? 7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams? With tens of thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my disobedience? The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He has shown you, O man, what is good. What does the LORD require of you, but to act justly, To love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? 9 The LORD's voice calls to the city, And wisdom sees your name: "Listen to the rod, And he who appointed it. 10 Are there yet treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, And a short efah that is accursed? 11 Shall I be pure with dishonest scales, And with a bag of deceitful weights? 12 Her rich men are full of violence, Her inhabitants speak lies, And their tongue is deceitful in their speech. 13 Therefore I also have struck you with a grievous wound. I have made you desolate because of your sins. 14 You shall eat, but not be satisfied. Your humiliation will be in your midst. You will store up, but not save; And that which you save I will give up to the sword. 15 You will sow, but won't reap. You will tread the olives, but won't anoint yourself with oil; And crush grapes, but won't drink the wine. 16 For the statutes of `Omri are kept, And all the works of the house of Ach'av. You walk in their counsels, That I may make you a ruin, And her inhabitants a hissing; And you will bear the reproach of my people." 

7:1 Misery is mine! Indeed, I am like one who gathers the summer fruits, as gleanings of the vinyard: There is no cluster of grapes to eat. My soul desires to eat the early fig. 2 The godly man has perished out of the eretz, And there is no one upright among men. They all lie in wait for blood; Every man hunts his brother with a net. 3 Their hands are on that which is evil to do it diligently. The ruler and judge ask for a bribe; And the powerful man dictates the evil desire of his soul. Thus they conspire together. 4 The best of them is like a brier. The most upright is worse than a thorn hedge. The day of your watchmen, Even your visitation, has come; Now is the time of their confusion. 5 Don't trust in a neighbor. Don't put confidence in a friend. With the woman lying in your embrace, Be careful of the words of your mouth! 6 For the son dishonors the father, The daughter rises up against her mother, The daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; A man's enemies are the men of his own house. 7 But as for me, I will look to the LORD. I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. 8 Don't rejoice against me, my enemy. When I fall, I will arise. When I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the LORD, Because I have sinned against him, Until he pleads my case, and executes judgment for me. He will bring me forth to the light. I will see his righteousness. 10 Then my enemy will see it, And shame will cover her who said to me, Where is the LORD your God? Then my enemy will see me and will cover her shame. Now she will be trodden down like the mire of the streets. 11 A day to build your walls -- In that day, he will extend your boundary. 12 In that day they will come to you from Ashshur and the cities of Mitzrayim, And from Mitzrayim even to the River, And from sea to sea, And mountain to mountain. 13 Yet the land will be desolate because of those who dwell therein, For the fruit of their doings. 14 Shepherd your people with your staff, The flock of your heritage, Who dwell by themselves in a forest, In the midst of fertile pasture land, let them feed; In Bashan and Gil`ad, as in the days of old. 15 "As in the days of your coming forth out of the land of Mitzrayim, I will show them marvelous things." 16 The nations will see and be ashamed of all their might. They will lay their hand on their mouth. Their ears will be deaf. 17  They will lick the dust like a serpent. Like crawling things of the eretz they shall come trembling out of their dens. They will come with fear to the LORD our God, And will be afraid because of you. 18 Who is a God like you, who pardons iniquity, And passes over the disobedience of the remnant of his heritage? He doesn't retain his anger forever, Because he delights in lovingkindness. 19 He will again have compassion on us. He will tread our iniquities under foot; And you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. 20 You will give truth to Ya`akov, and mercy to Avraham, As you have sworn to our fathers from the days of old. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 7:1 - 17

1 After this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the eretz, holding the four winds of the eretz, so that no wind would blow on the eretz, or on the sea, or on any tree. 
2 I saw another angel ascend from the sunrise, having the seal of the living God. He cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to harm the eretz and the sea, 
3 saying, "Don't harm the eretz, neither the sea, nor the trees, until we have sealed the bondservants of our God on their foreheads!" 
4 I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the children of Yisra'el: 
5 Of the tribe of Yehudah were sealed twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Re'uven twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand, 
6 Of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Naftali twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Menashsheh twelve thousand, 
7 Of the tribe of Shim`on twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Yissakhar twelve thousand, 
8 Of the tribe of Zevulun twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Yosef twelve thousand, Of the tribe of Binyamin were sealed twelve thousand. 
9 After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands. 
10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation be to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." 
11 All the angels were standing around the throne, the Zakenim, and the four living creatures; and they fell before the throne on their faces, and worshiped God, 
12 saying, "Amein! Blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, and might, be to our God forever and ever! Amein." 
13 One of the Zakenim answered, saying to me, "These who are arrayed in white robes, who are they, and where did they come from?" 
14 I told him, "My lord, you know." He said to me, "These are those who came out of the great oppression. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood. 
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, they serve him day and night in his temple. He who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. 
16 They will never be hungry, neither thirsty any more; neither will the sun beat on them, nor any heat; 
17  for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to living springs of waters. God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment