Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 21 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













SEPTEMBER 21


PSALMS:   21, 51, 81, 111, 141

PROVERBS:  21

OLD TESTAMENT:  AMOS 4:1 - 6:14

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 2:18 - 3:6


PSALMS:  21

1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD! 
How greatly he rejoices in your yeshu`ah! 
2 You have given him his heart's desire, 
And have not withheld the request of his lips. 
Selah. 
3 For you meet him with the blessings of goodness; 
You set a crown of fine gold on his head. 
4 He asked life of you, you gave it to him, 
Even length of days forever and ever. 
5 His glory is great in your salvation. 
You lay honor and majesty on him. 
6 For you make him most blessed forever. 
You make him glad with joy in your presence. 
7 For the king trusts in the LORD. 
Through the loving kindness of Ha`Elyon, 
he shall not be moved. 
8 Your hand will find out all of your enemies. 
Your right hand will find out those who hate you. 
9 You will make them as a fiery furnace in the time of your anger. 
The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath. 
The fire shall devour them. 
10 You will destroy their descendants from the eretz, 
Their posterity from among the children of men. 
11 For they intended evil against you. 
They plotted evil against you which cannot succeed. 
12 For you will make them turn their back, 
When you aim drawn bows at their face. 
13 Be exalted, LORD, in your strength, 
So we will sing and praise your power.


PSALMS:  51

1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness. 
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. 
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity. 
Cleanse me from my sin. 
3 For I know my transgressions. 
My sin is constantly before me. 
4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned, 
And done that which is evil in your sight; 
That you may be proved right when you speak, 
And justified when you judge. 
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. 
In sin did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts. 
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean. 
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness, 
That the bones which you have broken may rejoice. 
9 Hide your face from my sins, 
And blot out all of my iniquities. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. 
Renew a right spirit within me. 
11 Don't throw me from your presence, 
And don't take your holy Spirit from me. 
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation. 
Uphold me with a willing spirit. 
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways. 
Sinners shall be converted to you.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, 
O God, the God of my salvation. 
My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness. 
15 Lord, open my lips. 
My mouth shall declare your praise. 
16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it. 
You have no pleasure in burnt offering. 
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. 
A broken and contrite heart, 
O God, you will not despise. 
18 Do well in your good pleasure to Tziyon. 
Build the walls of Yerushalayim. 
19 Then will you delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, 
In burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings. 
Then they will offer bulls on your altar.


PSALMS:  81

1 Sing aloud to God, our strength! 
Make a joyful noise to the God of Ya`akov! 
2 Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine, 
The pleasant lyre with the harp. 
3 Blow the shofar at the New Moon, 
At the full moon, on our feast day. 
4 For it is a statute for Yisra'el, 
An ordinance of the God of Ya`akov. 
5 He appointed it in Yosef for a testimony, 
When he went out over the land of Mitzrayim, 
I heard a language that I didn't know. 
6 "I removed his shoulder from the burden. 
His hands were freed from the basket. 
7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you. 
I answered you in the secret place of thunder. 
I tested you at the waters of Merivah." 
Selah. 
8 "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you. 
Yisra'el, if you would listen to me! 
9 There shall be no strange god in you, 
Neither shall you worship any foreign god. 
10 I am the LORD, your God, 
Who brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim. 
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 
11 But my people didn't listen to my voice. 
Yisra'el desired none of me.
12 So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts, 
That they might walk in their own counsels. 
13 Oh that my people would listen to me, 
That Yisra'el would walk in my ways! 
14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
 And turn my hand against their adversaries. 
15 The haters of the LORD would cringe before him, 
And their punishment would last forever. 
16 But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat. 
I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock."


PSALMS:  111

1 Praise the LORD! 
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, 
In the council of the upright, and in the congregation. 
2 The works of the LORD are great, 
Pondered by all those who delight in them. 
3 His work is honor and majesty. 
His righteousness endures forever. 
4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered. 
The LORD is gracious and merciful. 
5 He has given food to those who fear him. 
He always remembers his covenant. 
6 He has shown his people the power of his works, 
In giving them the heritage of the nations. 
7 The works of his hands are truth and justice. 
All his precepts are sure. 
8 They are established forever and ever. 
They are done in truth and uprightness. 
9 He has sent redemption to his people. 
He has ordained his covenant forever. 
His name is holy and awesome! 
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. 
All those who do his work have a good understanding. 
His praise endures forever!


PSALMS:  141

1 LORD, I have called on you. Come to me quickly! 
Listen to my voice when I call to you. 
2 Let my prayer be set before you like incense; ‘
The lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice. 
3 Set a watch, LORD, before my mouth. 
Keep the door of my lips. 
4 Don't incline my heart to any evil thing, ‘
To practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity. 
Don't let me eat of their delicacies. 
5 Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness; 
Let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head; 
Don't let my head refuse it; 
Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds. 
6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock. 
They will hear my words, for they are well spoken. 
7 "As when one plows and breaks up the eretz, 
Our bones are scattered at the mouth of She'ol." 
8 For my eyes are on you, LORD, the Lord. 
In you, I take refuge. Don't leave my soul destitute. 
9 Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, 
From the traps of the workers of iniquity. 
10 Let the wicked fall together into their own nets, 
While I pass by.


PROVERBS:  21

1 The king's heart is in the LORD's hand like the watercourses. 
He turns it wherever he desires. 
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, 
But the LORD weighs the hearts. 
3 To do righteousness and justice 
Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. 
4 A high look, and a proud heart, 
The lamp of the wicked, is sin. 
5 The plans of the diligent surely lead to profit; 
And everyone who is hasty surely rushes to poverty. 
6 Getting treasures by a lying tongue 
Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death. 
7 The violence of the wicked will drive them away, 
Because they refuse to do what is right. 
8 The way of the guilty is devious, 
But the conduct of the innocent is upright. 
9 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
10 The soul of the wicked desires evil; 
His neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes. 
11 When the mocker is punished, the simple gains wisdom; 
When the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 
12 The Righteous One considers the house of the wicked, 
And brings the wicked to ruin. 
13 Whoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor, 
He will also cry out, but shall not be heard.
14 A gift in secret pacifies anger; 
And a bribe in the cloak, strong wrath. 
15 It is joy to the righteous to do justice; 
But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 
16 The man who wanders out of the way of understanding 
Shall rest in the assembly of the dead. 
17  He who loves pleasure shall be a poor man: 
He who loves wine and oil shall not be rich. 
18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous; 
The treacherous for the upright. 
19 It is better to dwell in a desert land, 
Than with a contentious and fretful woman. 
20 There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise; 
But a foolish man swallows it up. 
21 He who follows after righteousness and kindness 
Finds life, righteousness, and honor. 
22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty, 
And brings down the strength of its confidence. 
23Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue 
Keeps his soul from troubles. 
24 The proud and haughty man, "scoffer" is his name; 
He works in the arrogance of pride. 
25 The desire of the sluggard kills him, 
For his hands refuse to labor. 
26 There are those who covet greedily all the day long; 
But the righteous gives and doesn't withhold.
27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination: 
How much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind! 
28 A false witness will perish, 
And a man who listens speaks to eternity. 
29 A wicked man hardens his face; 
But as for the upright, he establishes his ways. 
30 There is no wisdom nor understanding 
Nor counsel against the LORD. 
31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle; 
But victory is with the LORD.


OLD TESTAMENT:  AMOS 4:1 - 6:14

4:1 Listen to this word, you cows of Bashan, who are on the mountain of Shomron, who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who tell their lords, "Bring, and let us drink." 2 The Lord GOD has sworn by his holiness that behold, "The days shall come on you that they will take you away with hooks, And the last of you with fish hooks. 3 You will go out at the breaks in the wall, Everyone straight before her; And you will cast yourselves into Harmon," says the LORD. 4 "Go to Beit-El, and sin; To Gilgal, and sin more. Bring your sacrifices every morning, Your tithes every three days, 5 Offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving of that which is leavened, And proclaim free will offerings and brag about them: For this pleases you, you children of Yisra'el," says the Lord GOD. 6 "I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, And lack of bread in every town; Yet you haven't returned to me," says the LORD. 7  "I also have withheld the rain from you, When there were yet three months to the harvest; And I caused it to rain on one city, And caused it not to rain on another city. One place was rained on, And the piece where it didn't rain withered. 8 So two or three cities staggered to one city to drink water, And were not satisfied: Yet you haven't returned to me," says the LORD. 9 I struck you with blight and mildew many times in your gardens and your vineyards; And your fig trees and your olive trees have the swarming arbeh devoured: Yet you haven't returned to me," says the LORD. 10 I sent plagues among you like I did Mitzrayim. I have slain your young men with the sword, And have carried away your horses; And I filled your nostrils with the stench of your camp Yet you haven't returned to me," says the LORD. 11 "I have overthrown some of you, As when God overthrew Sedom and `Amorah, And you were like a burning stick plucked out of the fire; Yet you haven't returned to me," says the LORD. 12 "Therefore thus will I do to you, Yisra'el; Because I will do this to you, Prepare to meet your God, Yisra'el. 13 For, behold, he who forms the mountains, And creates the wind, And declares to man what is his thought; Who makes the morning darkness, And treads on the high places of the Eretz: The LORD, the God Tzva'ot,, is his name." 

5:1 Listen to this word which I take up for a lamentation over you, O house of Yisra'el. 2 "The virgin of Yisra'el has fallen; She shall rise no more. She is cast down on her land; There is no one to raise her up." 3 For thus says the Lord GOD: "The city that went forth a thousand shall have a hundred left, And that which went forth one hundred shall have ten left to the house of Yisra'el." 4 For thus says the LORD to the house of Yisra'el: "Seek me, and you will live; 5 But don't seek Beit-El, Nor enter into Gilgal, And don't pass to Be'er-Sheva: For Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, And Beit-El shall come to nothing. 6 Seek the LORD, and you will live; Lest he break out like fire in the house of Yosef, And it devour, and there be no one to quench it in Beit-El. 7 You who turn justice to wormwood, And cast down righteousness to the eretz: 8 Seek him who made the Kima and Kesil, And turns the shadow of death into the morning, And makes the day dark with night; Who calls for the waters of the sea, And pours them out on the surface of the eretz, the LORD is his name, 9 Who brings sudden destruction on the strong, So that destruction comes on the fortress. 10 They hate him who reproves in the gate, And they abhor him who speaks blamelessly. 11 Forasmuch therefore as you trample on the poor, And take taxes from him of wheat: You have built houses of hewn stone, But you will not dwell in them. You have planted pleasant vineyards, But you shall not drink their wine. 12 For I know how many your offenses, And how great are your sins-- You who afflict the just, Who take a bribe, And who turn aside the needy in the courts. 13 Therefore he who is prudent shall keep silence in such a time; For it is an evil time. 14 Seek good, and not evil, That you may live; And so the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,, will be with you, As you say. 15 Hate evil, love good, And establish justice in the courts. It may be that the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,, will be gracious to the remnant of Yosef." 16 Therefore thus says the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,, the Lord: "Wailing will be in all the broad ways; And they will say in all the streets, 'Alas! Alas!' And they will call the farmer to mourning, And those who are skillful in lamentation to wailing. 17 In all vineyards there will be wailing; For I will pass through the midst of you," says the LORD. 18 "Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD! Why do you long for the day of the LORD? It is darkness, And not light. 19 As if a man fled from a lion, And a bear met him; Or he went into the house and leaned his hand on the wall, And a snake bit him. 20 Will the day of the LORD not be darkness, and not light? Even very dark, and no brightness in it? 21 I hate, I despise your feasts, And I can't stand your solemn assemblies. 22 Yes, though you offer me your burnt offerings and meal-offerings, I will not accept them; Neither will I regard the shalom offerings of your fat animals. 23 Take away from me the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. 24 But let justice roll on like rivers, And righteousness like a mighty stream. 25 "Did you bring to me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, house of Yisra'el? 26 Yes, you have borne the tent of your king and the shrine of your images, the star of your god, which you made for yourselves. 27  Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Dammesek," says the LORD, whose name is the God Tzva'ot,. 

6:1 Woe to those who are at ease in Tziyon, And to those who are secure on the mountain of Shomron, The notable men of the chief of the nations, To whom the house of Yisra'el come! 2 Go to Kalneh, and see; And from there go to Hamat the great; Then go down to Gat of the Pelishtim. Are they better than these kingdoms? Or is their border greater than your border? 3 Those who put far away the evil day, And cause the seat of violence to come near; 4 Who lie on beds of ivory, And stretch themselves on their couches, And eat the lambs out of the flock, And the calves out of the midst of the stall; 5 Who strum on the strings of a harp; Who invent for themselves instruments of music, like David; 6 Who drink wine in bowls, And anoint themselves with the best oils; But they are not grieved for the affliction of Yosef. 7 Therefore they will now go captive with the first who go captive; And the feasting and lounging will end. 8"The Lord GOD has sworn by himself," says the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,: "I abhor the pride of Ya`akov, And detest his fortresses. Therefore I will deliver up the city with all that is in it. 9 It will happen, if there remain ten men in one house, That they shall die. 10"When a man's relative carries him, even he who burns him, to bring bodies out of the house, and asks him who is in the innermost parts of the house, 'Is there yet any with you?' And he says, 'No;' then he will say, 'Hush! Indeed we must not mention the name of the LORD.' 11 "For, behold, the LORD commands, and the great house will be smashed to pieces, And the little house into bits. 12 Do horses run on the rocky crags? Does one plow there with oxen? But you have turned justice into poison, And the fruit of righteousness into bitterness; 13 You who rejoice in a thing of nothing, who say, 'Haven't we taken for ourselves horns by our own strength?'14 For, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, house of Yisra'el," Says the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,; "And they will afflict you from the entrance of Hamat to the brook of the `Aravah." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 2:18 - 3:6

2:18 "To the angel of the assembly in Thyatira write: "The Son of God, who has his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like burnished brass, says these things: 19 I know your works, your love, faith, service, patient endurance, and that your last works are more than the first. 20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate your woman, Izevel, who calls herself a prophetess. She teaches and seduces my servants to commit sexual immorality, and to eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. 22 Behold, I will throw her into a bed, and those who commit adultery with her into great oppression, unless they repent of her works. 23 I will kill her children with Death, and all the assemblies will know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds. 24 But to you I say, to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as don't have this teaching, who don't know what some call 'the deep things of Hasatan,' to you I say, I don't lay on you any other burden. 25 Nevertheless that which you have, hold firmly until I come. 26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps my works to the end, to him will I give authority over the nations. 27 He will rule them with a rod of iron, shattering them like clay pots; as I also have received of my Father: 28 and I will give him the morning star. 29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. 

3:1 "And to the angel of the assembly in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars says these things: "I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and establish the things that remain, which were ready to die, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If therefore you won't watch, I will come as a thief, and you won't know what hour I will come on you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed like this in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. 

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment