Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 8 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














OCTOBER 8


PSALMS:   8, 38, 68, 98, 128

PROVERBS:  8

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 12:1 - 13:9

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 19:1 - 21


PSALMS:  8

1 LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the eretz, 
Who has set your glory above the heavens! 
2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, 
Because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. 
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, 
The moon and the stars, which you have ordained; 
4 What is man, that you think of him? 
The son of man, that you care for him? 
5 For you have made him a little lower than God, 
And crowned him with glory and honor. 
6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands. 
You have put all things under his feet: 
7 All sheep and oxen, 
Yes, and the animals of the field, 
8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, 
And whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 
9 LORD, our Lord, 
How majestic is your name in all the eretz!


PSALMS:  38

1 LORD, don't rebuke me in your wrath, 
Neither chasten me in your hot displeasure. 
2 For your arrows have pierced me, 
Your hand presses hard on me. 
3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation, 
Neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin. 
4 For my iniquities have gone over my head. 
As a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 
5 My wounds are loathsome and corrupt, 
Because of my foolishness. 
6 I am pained and bowed down greatly. 
I go mourning all day long. 
7 For my loins are filled with burning. 
There is no soundness in my flesh. 
8 I am faint and severely bruised. 
I have groaned by reason of the anguish of my heart. 
9 Lord, all my desire is before you. 
My groaning is not hidden from you. 
10 My heart throbs. My strength fails me. 
As for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me. 
11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague. 
My kinsmen stand afar off. 
12 They also who seek after my life lay snares. 
Those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things, 
And meditate deceits all day long. 
13 But I, as a deaf man, don't hear. 
I am as a mute man who doesn't open his mouth. 
14 Yes, I am as a man who doesn't hear, 
In whose mouth are no reproofs. 
15 For in you, LORD, do I hope. 
You will answer, Lord my God. 
16 For I said, "Don't let them gloat over me, 
Or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips." 
17  For I am ready to fall. 
My pain is continually before me. 
18 For I will declare my iniquity. 
I will be sorry for my sin. 
19 But my enemies are vigorous and many. 
Those who hate me without reason are numerous. 
20 They who also render evil for good are adversaries to me, 
Because I follow what is good. 
21 Don't forsake me, LORD. 
My God, don't be far from me.
22 Hurry to help me, 
Lord, my salvation.


PSALMS:  68

1 Let God arise! 
Let his enemies be scattered! 
Let them who hate him also flee before him. 
2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away. 
As wax melts before the fire, 
So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 
3 But let the righteous be glad. 
Let them rejoice before God. 
Yes, let them rejoice with gladness. 
4 Sing to God! Sing praises to his name! 
Extol him who rides on the clouds -- To the LORD, his name! 
Rejoice before him. 
5 A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows, 
Is God in his holy habitation.
6 God sets the lonely in families. 
He brings out the prisoners with singing, 
But the rebellious dwell in a sun-scorched land. 
7 God, when you went forth before your people, 
When you marched through the wilderness... 
Selah. 
8 The eretz trembled. 
The sky also poured down rain at the presence of the God of Sinai -- 
At the presence of God, the God of Yisra'el. 
9 You, God, sent a plentiful rain. 
You confirmed your inheritance, when it was weary. 
10 Your congregation lived therein. 
You, God, prepared your goodness for the poor. 
11 The Lord announced the word. 
The ones who proclaim it are a great company. 
12 "Kings of armies flee! They flee!" 
She who waits at home divides the spoil, 
13 While you sleep among the campfires, 
The wings of a dove sheathed with silver, 
Her feathers with shining gold. 
14 When Shaddai scattered kings in her, 
It snowed on Tzalmon. 
15 The mountains of Bashan are majestic mountains. 
The mountains of Bashan are rugged. 
16 Why do you look in envy, you rugged mountains, 
At the mountain where God chooses to reign? 
Yes, the LORD will dwell there forever. 
17 The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands. 
The Lord is among them, from Sinai, into the sanctuary. 
18 You have ascended on high. 
You have led away captives. 
You have received gifts among men, 
Yes, among the rebellious also, 
that the LORD God might dwell there. 
19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens, 
Even the God who is our salvation. Selah. 
20 God is to us a God of deliverance. 
To the LORD, the Lord, 
belongs escape from death. 
21 But God will strike through the head of his enemies, 
The hairy scalp of such a one as still continues in his guiltiness. 
22 The Lord said, "I will bring you again from Bashan, 
I will bring you again from the depths of the sea; 
23 That you may crush them, dipping your foot in blood, 
That the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies." 
24 They have seen your goings, God, 
Even the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary. 
25 The singers went before, the minstrels followed after, 
In the midst of the ladies playing with timbrels, 
26"Bless God in the congregations, 
Even the Lord in the assembly of Yisra'el!" 
27 There is little Binyamin, their ruler, 
The princes of Yehudah, their council, 
The princes of Zevulun, and the princes of Naftali. 
28 Your God has commanded your strength. 
Strengthen, God, that which you have done for us. 
29 Because of your temple at Yerushalayim, 
Kings shall bring presents to you. 
30 Rebuke the wild animal of the reeds, 
The multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples. 
Being humbled, may it bring bars of silver. 
Scatter the nations that delight in war. 
31 Princes shall come out of Mitzrayim. 
Kush shall hurry to stretch out her hands to God. 
32 Sing to God, you kingdoms of the eretz! 
Sing praises to the Lord! 
Selah. 
33 To him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which are of old; 
Behold, he utters his voice, a mighty voice. 
34 Ascribe strength to God! 
His excellency is over Yisra'el, 
His strength is in the skies. 
35 You are awesome, God, in your sanctuaries. 
The God of Yisra'el gives strength and power to his people. 
Praise be to God!


PSALMS:  98

1 Sing to the LORD a new song, 
For he has done marvelous things! 
His right hand, and his holy arm, 
have worked salvation for him. 
2 The LORD has made known his yeshu`ah. 
He has openly shown his righteousness in the sight of the nations. 
3 He has remembered his loving kindness 
and his faithfulness toward the house of Yisra'el. 
All the ends of the eretz have seen the yeshu`ah of our God. 
4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the eretz! 
Burst out and sing for joy, yes, sing praises! 
5 Sing praises to the LORD with the harp, 
With the harp and the voice of melody. 
6 With trumpets and sound of the ram's horn. 
Make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD. 
7  Let the sea roar with its fullness; 
The world, and those who dwell therein. 
8 Let the rivers clap their hands. 
Let the mountains sing for joy together. 
9 Let them sing before the LORD, 
For he comes to judge the eretz. 
He will judge the world with righteousness, 
And the peoples with equity.


PSALMS:  128 

1 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, 
Who walks in his ways. 
2 For you will eat the labor of your hands. 
You will be happy, and it will be well with you. 
3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine, 
In the innermost parts of your house; 
Your children like olive plants, Around your table. 
4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. 
5 May the LORD bless you out of Tziyon, 
And may you see the good of Yerushalayim all the days of your life. 
6 Yes, may you see your children's children. 
Shalom be upon Yisra'el.


PROVERBS:  8

1 Doesn't wisdom cry out? 
Doesn't understanding raise her voice?
2 On the top of high places by the way, 
Where the paths meet, she stands. 
3 Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, 
At the entry doors, she cries aloud: 
4 "To you men, I call! 
I send my voice to the sons of mankind. 
5 You simple, understand prudence. 
You fools, be of an understanding heart. 
6 Hear, for I will speak excellent things. 
The opening of my lips is for right things. 
7 For my mouth speaks truth. 
Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 
8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness. 
There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. 
9 They are all plain to him who understands, 
Right to those who find knowledge. 
10 Receive my instruction rather than silver; 
Knowledge rather than choice gold. 
11 For wisdom is better than rubies. 
All the things that may be desired can't be compared to it. 
12 "I, wisdom, have made prudence my dwelling. 
Find out knowledge and discretion. 
13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil. 
I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth. 
14 Counsel and sound knowledge are mine. 
I have understanding and power. 
15 By me kings reign, 
And princes decree justice. 
16 By me princes rule; Nobles, 
and all the righteous rulers of the eretz. 
17 I love those who love me. 
Those who seek me diligently will find me. 
18 With me are riches, honor, 
Enduring wealth, and prosperity. 
19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold; 
My yield than choice silver. 
20 I walk in the way of righteousness, 
In the midst of the paths of justice; 
21 That I may give wealth to those who love me. 
I fill their treasuries.
22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his work, 
Before his deeds of old. 
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, 
Before the eretz existed. 
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth, 
When there were no springs abounding with water. 
25 Before the mountains were settled in place, 
Before the hills, I was brought forth; 
26 While as yet he had not made the eretz, nor the fields, 
Nor the beginning of the dust of the world. 
27  When he established the heavens, I was there; 
When he set a circle on the surface of the deep, 
28 When he established the clouds above, 
When the springs of the deep became strong, 
29 When he gave to the sea its boundary, 
That the waters should not violate his mitzvah, 
When he marked out the foundations of the eretz; 
30 Then I was the craftsman by his side. 
I was a delight day by day, 
Always rejoicing before him, 
31 Rejoicing in his whole world. 
My delight was with the sons of men. 
32 "Now therefore, my sons, listen to me, 
For blessed are those who keep my ways. 
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, Don't refuse it. 
34 Blessed is the man who hears me, 
Watching daily at my gates, 
Waiting at my door posts. 
35 For whoever finds me, finds life, 
And will obtain favor from the LORD. 
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul. 
All those who hate me love death."


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 12:1 - 13:9

12:1 An oracle. The word of the LORD concerning Yisra'el. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, and lays the foundation of the eretz, and forms the spirit of man within him says: 2 "Behold, I will make Yerushalayim a cup of reeling to all the surrounding peoples, and on Yehudah also will it be in the siege against Yerushalayim. 3 It will happen in that day, that I will make Yerushalayim a burdensome stone for all the peoples. All who burden themselves with it will be severely wounded, and all the nations of the eretz will be gathered together against it. 4 In that day," says the LORD, "I will strike every horse with terror, and his rider with madness; and I will open my eyes on the house of Yehudah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. 5 The chieftains of Yehudah will say in their heart, 'The inhabitants of Yerushalayim are my strength in the LORD of Hosts their God.' 6 In that day I will make the chieftains of Yehudah like a pan of fire among wood, and like a flaming torch among sheaves; and they will devour all the surrounding peoples, on the right hand and on the left; and Yerushalayim will yet again dwell in their own place, even in Yerushalayim. 7  The LORD also will save the tents of Yehudah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Yerushalayim not be magnified above Yehudah. 8 In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Yerushalayim. He who is feeble among them at that day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the LORD before them. 9 It will happen in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Yerushalayim. 10 I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they will look to me whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and will grieve bitterly for him, as one grieves for his firstborn. 11 In that day there will be a great mourning in Yerushalayim, like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 The land will mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Natan apart, and their wives apart; 13 the family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of the Shim`i apart, and their wives apart; 14 all the families who remain, every family apart, and their wives apart. 

13:1 "In that day there will be a spring opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, for sin and for uncleanness. 2 It will come to pass in that day, says the LORD of Hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they will no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the spirit of impurity to pass out of the land. 3 It will happen that, when anyone still prophesies, then his father and his mother who bore him will tell him, 'You must die, because you speak lies in the name of the LORD;' and his father and his mother who bore him will stab him when he prophesies. 4 It will happen in that day, that the prophets will each be ashamed of his vision, when he prophesies; neither will they wear a hairy mantle to deceive: 5 but he will say, 'I am no prophet, I am a tiller of the ground; for I have been made a bondservant from my youth.' 6 One will say to him, 'What are these wounds between your arms?' Then he will answer, 'Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.' 7 "Awake, sword, against my shepherd, And against the man who is close to me," says the LORD of Hosts. Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered; And I will turn my hand against the little ones. 8 It shall happen that in all the land," says the LORD, Two parts in it will be cut off and die; But the third will be left in it. 9 I will bring the third part into the fire, And will refine them as silver is refined, And will test them like gold is tested. They will call on my name, and I will hear them. I will say, 'It is my people;' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'" 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 19:1 - 21

19:1 After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Halleluyah! Salvation, glory, and power belong to our God: 
2 for true and righteous are his judgments. For he has judged the great prostitute, her who corrupted the eretz with her sexual immorality, and he has avenged the blood of his servants at her hand." 
3 A second time they said, "Halleluyah! Her smoke goes up forever and ever." 
4 The twenty-four Zakenim and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne, saying, "Amein! Halleluyah!" 
5 A voice came forth from the throne, saying, "Give praise to our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, the small and the great!" 
6 I heard something like the voice of a great multitude, and like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of mighty thunders, saying, "Halleluyah! For the Lord our God, Shaddai, reigns! 
7  Let us rejoice and be exceedingly glad, and let us give the glory to him. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his wife has made herself ready." 
8 It was given to her that she would array herself in bright, pure, fine linen: for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the holy ones. 
9 He said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" He said to me, "These are true words of God." 
10 I fell down before his feet to worship him. He said to me, "Look! Don't do it! I am a fellow bondservant with you and with your brothers who hold the testimony of Yeshua. Worship God, for the testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of Prophecy." 
11 I saw the heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it is called Faithful and True. In righteousness he judges and makes war. 
12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself. 
13 He is clothed in a garment sprinkled with blood. His name is called "The Word of God." 
14 The armies which are in heaven followed him on white horses, clothed in white, pure, fine linen. 
15 Out of his mouth proceeds a sharp, two-edged sword, that with it he should strike the nations. He will rule them with a rod of iron. He treads the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God, Shaddai. 
16 He has on his garment and on his thigh a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
17  I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the sky, "Come! Be gathered together to the great supper of God, 
18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, and small and great." 
19 I saw the beast, and the kings of the eretz, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him who sat on the horse, and against his army. 
20 The beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who worked the signs in his sight, with which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. They two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. 
21 The rest were killed with the sword of him who sat on the horse, the sword which came forth out of his mouth. All the birds were filled with their flesh.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment