Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 20 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












SEPTEMBER 20


PSALMS:  20, 50, 80, 110, 140

PROVERBS:  20

OLD TESTAMENT:  AMOS 1:1 - 3:15

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 2:1 - 17


PSALMS:  20

1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble. 
May the name of the God of Ya`akov set you up on high, 
2 Send you help from the sanctuary, 
Grant you support from Tziyon, 
3 Remember all your offerings, 
And accept your burnt-sacrifice. Selah. 
4 May He grant you your heart's desire, 
And fulfill all your counsel. 
5 We will triumph in your yeshu`ah. 
In the name of our God we will set up our banners: 
The LORD fulfill all your petitions. 
6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed. 
He will answer him from his holy heaven, 
With the saving strength of his right hand. 
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, 
But we trust the name of the LORD our God. 
8 They are bowed down and fallen, 
But we rise up, and stand upright.
9 Save, LORD; 
Let the King answer us when we call!


PSALMS:  50

1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks, 
And calls the eretz from sunrise to sunset. 
2 Out of Tziyon, the perfection of beauty, 
God shines forth. 
3 Our God comes, and does not keep silent. 
A fire devours before him. 
It is very tempestuous around him. 
4 He calls to the heavens above, 
To the eretz, that he may judge his people: 
5 "Gather my holy ones together to me, 
Those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice." 
6 The heavens shall declare his righteousness, 
For God himself is judge. 
Selah. 
7 "Hear, my people, and I will speak; 
Yisra'el, and I will testify against you. 
I am God, your God. 
8 I don't rebuke you for your sacrifices. 
Your burnt offerings are continually before me. 
9 I have no need for a bull from your stall, 
Nor male goats from your pens. 
10 For every animal of the forest is mine, 
And the cattle on a thousand hills. 
11 I know all the birds of the mountains. 
The wild animals of the field are mine. 
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, 
For the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, 
Or drink the blood of goats? 
14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. 
Pay your vows to Ha`Elyon.
15 Call on me in the day of trouble. 
I will deliver you, and you will honor me." 
16 But to the wicked God says, 
"What right do you have to declare my statutes, 
That you have taken my covenant on your lips,
17  Seeing you hate instruction, 
And throw my words behind you?
18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him, 
And have participated with adulterers. 
19 "You give your mouth to evil. 
You harnesses your tongue for deceit. 
20 You sit and speak against your brother. 
You slander your own mother's son. 
21 You have done these things, and I kept silent. 
You thought that the "I AM" was just like you. 
I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes. 
22 "Now consider this, you who forget God, 
Lest I tear you into pieces, and there be none to deliver. 
23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, 
And prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."


PSALMS:  80

1 Hear us, Shepherd of Yisra'el, 
You who lead Yosef like a flock, 
You who sit above the Keruvim, shine forth. 
2 Before Efrayim and Binyamin and Menashsheh, 
stir up your might, 
Come to save us. 
3 Turn us again, God. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved.
4 LORD God Tzva'ot, 
How long will you be angry against the prayer of your people? 
5 You have fed them with the bread of tears, 
And given them tears to drink in large measure. 
6 You make us a source of contention to our neighbors. 
Our enemies laugh among themselves. 
7 Turn us again, 
God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved. 
8 You brought a vine out of Mitzrayim. 
You drove out the nations, and planted it. 
9 You cleared the ground for it. 
It took deep root, and filled the land. 
10 The mountains were covered with its shadow. 
Its boughs were like God's cedars. 
11 It sent out its branches to the sea, 
Its shoots to the River. 
12 Why have you broken down its walls, 
So that all those who pass by the way pluck it? 
13 The boar out of the wood ravages it. 
The wild animals of the field feed on it. 
14 Turn again, we beg you, God Tzva'ot. 
Look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vine, 
15 The stock which your right hand planted, 
The branch that you made strong for yourself. 
16 It is burned with fire. It is cut down. 
They perish at your rebuke. 
17  Let your hand be on the man of your right hand, 
On the son of man whom you made strong for yourself. 
18 So we will not turn away from you. 
Revive us, and we will call on your name. 
19 Turn us again, LORD God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, and we will be saved.


PSALMS:  110

1 The LORD says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, 
Until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet." 
2 The LORD will send forth the rod of your strength out of Tziyon. 
Rule in the midst of your enemies. 
3 Your people offer themselves willingly in the day of your power, 
In holy array. 
Out of the womb of the morning, you have the dew of your youth. 
4 The LORD has sworn, and will not change his mind:
 "You are a Kohen forever in the order of Malki-Tzedek." 
5 The Lord is at your right hand. 
He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge among the nations. 
He will heap up dead bodies. 
He will crush the ruler of the whole eretz. 
7 He will drink of the brook in the way; 
Therefore will he lift up his head.


PSALMS:  140

1 Deliver me, LORD, from the evil man. 
Preserve me from the violent man; 
2 Those who devise mischief in their hearts. 
They continually gather themselves together for war. 
3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. 
Viper's poison is under their lips. 
Selah. 
4 LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked. 
Preserve me from the violent men: 
Who have determined to trip my feet. 
5 The proud have hidden a snare for me, 
They have spread the cords of a net by the path. 
They have set traps for me. 
Selah. 
6 I said to the LORD, 
"You are my God.
" Listen to the cry of my petitions, LORD. 
7 LORD, the Lord, the strength of my yeshu`ah, 
You have covered my head in the day of battle. 
8 LORD, don't grant the desires of the wicked. 
Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah. 
9 As for the head of those who surround me, 
Let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 
10 Let burning coals fall on them. 
Let them be thrown into the fire, 
Into miry pits, from where they never rise. 
11 An evil speaker won't be established in the eretz. 
Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him. 
12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, 
And justice for the needy. 
13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. 
The upright will dwell in your presence.


PROVERBS:  20

1 Wine is a mocker, and beer is a brawler; 
Whoever is let astray by them is not wise. 
2 The terror of a king is like the roaring of a lion: 
He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life. 
3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; 
But every fool will be quarreling.
4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; 
Therefore he shall beg in harvest, and have nothing. 
5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; 
But a man of understanding will draw it out.
6 Many men claim to be men of unfailing love, 
But who can find a faithful man? 
7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, 
Blessed are his children after him. 
8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment 
Scatters away all evil with his eyes. 
9 Who can say, "I have made my heart pure. 
I am clean and without sin?" 
10 Differing weights and differing measures, 
Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. 
11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, 
Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right. 
12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, 
The LORD has made even both of them. 
13 Don't love sleep, lest you come to poverty; 
Open your eyes, and you shall be satisfied with bread. 
14 "It's no good, it's no good," says the buyer; 
But when he is gone his way, then he boasts.
15 There is gold and abundance of rubies; 
But the lips of knowledge are a rare jewel. 
16 Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger; 
And hold him in pledge for a wayward woman. 
17 Fraudulent food is sweet to a man, 
But afterwards his mouth is filled with gravel. 
18 Plans are established by advice; 
By wise guidance you wage war! 
19 He who goes about as a tale-bearer reveals secrets; 
Therefore don't keep company with him who opens wide his lips. 
20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, 
His lamp shall be put out in blackness of darkness. 
21 An inheritance quickly gained at the beginning, 
Won't be blessed in the end. 
22 Don't say, 
"I will pay back evil." 
Wait for the LORD, and he will save you. 
23 The LORD detests differing weights, 
And dishonest scales are not pleasing. 
24 A man's steps are from the LORD; 
How then can man understand his way? 
25 It is a snare to a man make a rash dedication, 
And later reconsider his vows. 
26 A wise king winnows out the wicked, 
And drives the threshing wheel over them. 
27 The spirit of man is the LORD's lamp, 
Searching all his innermost parts.
28 Love and faithfulness keep the king safe. 
His throne is sustained by love. 
29 The glory of young men is their strength. 
The splendor of old men is their gray hair. 
30 Wounding blows cleanse away evil, 
And beatings purge the innermost parts.


OLD TESTAMENT:  AMOS 1:1 - 3:15

1:1 The words of `Amos, who was among the herdsmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Yisra'el in the days of `Uzziyah king of Yehudah, and in the days of Yarov`am the son of Yo'ash king of Yisra'el, two years before the earthquake. 2 He said: The LORD will roar from Tziyon, And utter his voice from Yerushalayim; And the pastures of the shepherds will mourn, And the top of Karmel will.wither." 3 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Dammesek, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have threshed Gil`ad with threshing instruments of iron; 
4 But I will send a fire into the house of Haza'el, And it will devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad. 5 I will break the bar of Dammesek, And cut off the inhabitant from the valley of Aven, And him who holds the scepter from the house of `Eden; And the people of Aram shall go into captivity to Kir," says the LORD. 6 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of `Aza, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they carried away captive the whole community, To deliver them up to Edom; 7 But I will send a fire on the wall of `Aza, And it will devour its palaces. 8 I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod, And him who holds the scepter from Ashkelon; And I will turn my hand against `Ekron; And the remnant of the Pelishtim will perish," says the Lord GOD. 9 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Tzor, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they delivered up the whole community to Edom, And didn't remember the brotherly covenant; 10 But I will send a fire on the wall of Tzor, And it will devour its palaces." 11 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Edom, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because he pursued his brother with the sword, And cast off all pity, And his anger raged continually, And he kept his wrath forever; 12 But I will send a fire on Teman, And it will devour the palaces of Botzrah." 13 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of the children of `Ammon, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have ripped open the pregnant women of Gil`ad, That they may enlarge their border. 14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, And it will devour its palaces, With shouting in the day of battle, With a tempest in the day of the whirlwind; 15 And their king will go into captivity, He and his princes together," says the LORD. 

2:1 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Mo'av, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime; 2 But I will send a fire on Mo'av, And it will devour the palaces of Keriyot; And Mo'av will die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the shofar; 3 And I will cut off the judge from their midst, And will kill all its princes with him," says the LORD. 4 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Yehudah, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have rejected the law of the LORD, And have not kept his statutes, And their lies have led them astray, After which their fathers walked; 5 But I will send a fire on Yehudah, And it will devour the palaces of Yerushalayim." 6 Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Yisra'el, yes, for four, I will not turn away its punishment; Because they have sold the righteous for silver, And the needy for a pair of shoes; 7 They trample on the dust of the eretz on the head of the poor, And deny justice to the oppressed; And a man and his father use the same maiden, to profane my holy name; 8 And they lay themselves down beside every altar on clothes taken in pledge; And in the house of their God they drink the wine of those who have been fined. 9 Yet I destroyed the Amori before them, Whose height was like the height of the cedars, And he was strong as the oaks; Yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath. 10 Also I brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim, And led you forty years in the wilderness, To possess the land of the Amori. 11 I raised up some of your sons for prophets, And some of your young men for Nazirim. Isn't this true, You children of Yisra'el?" says the LORD. 12 "But you gave the Nazirim wine to drink, And commanded the prophets, saying, 'Don't prophesy!' 13 Behold, I will crush you in your place, As a cart crushes that is full of grain. 14 Flight will perish from the swift; And the strong won't strengthen his force; Neither shall the mighty deliver himself; 15 Neither shall he stand who handles the bow; And he who is swift of foot won't escape; Neither shall he who rides the horse deliver himself; 16 And he who is courageous among the mighty will flee away naked in that day," says the LORD. 

3:1 Hear this word that the LORD has spoken against you, children of Yisra'el, against the whole family which I brought up out of the land of Mitzrayim, saying: 2 "You only have I chosen of all the families of the eretz. Therefore I will punish you for all of your sins." 3 Do two walk together, Unless they have agreed? 4 Will a lion roar in the thicket, When he has no prey? Does a young lion cry out of his den, If he has caught nothing? 5 Can a bird fall in a trap on the eretz, Where no snare is set for him? Does a snare spring up from the ground, When there is nothing to catch? 6 Does the shofar alarm sound in a city, Without the people being afraid? Does evil befall a city, And the LORD hasn't done it? 7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, Unless he reveals his secret to his servants the prophets. 8 The lion has roared. Who will not fear? The Lord GOD has spoken. Who can but prophesy? 9 Proclaim in the palaces at Ashdod, And in the palaces in the land of Mitzrayim, And say, "Assemble yourselves on the mountains of Shomron, And see what unrest is in her, And what oppression is among them." 10 "Indeed they don't know to do right," says the LORD, "Who hoard plunder and loot in their palaces." 11 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "An adversary will overrun the land; And he will pull down your strongholds, And your fortresses will be plundered." 12 Thus says the LORD: "As the shepherd rescues out of the mouth of the lion two legs, Or a piece of an ear, So shall the children of Yisra'el be rescued who sit in Shomron on the corner of a couch, And on the silken cushions of a bed." 13 "Listen, and testify against the house of Ya`akov," says the Lord GOD, the God Tzva'ot,. 14"For in the day that I visit the transgressions of Yisra'el on him, I will also visit the altars of Beit-El; And the horns of the altar will be cut off, And fall to the ground. 15 I will strike the winter house with the summer house; And the houses of ivory will perish, And the great houses will have an end," says the LORD. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 2:1 - 17

2:1 To the angel of the assembly in Ephesus write: "He who holds the seven stars in his right hand, he who walks in the midst of the seven golden menorot says these things: 
2 "I know your works, and your toil and perseverance, and that you can't tolerate evil men, and have tested those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and found them false. 
3 You have perseverance and have endured for my name's sake, and have not grown weary. 
4 But I have this against you, that you left your first love. 
5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the first works; or else I am coming to you, and will move your menorah out of its place, unless you repent. 
6 But this you have, that you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 
7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of my God. 
8 "To the angel of the assembly in Smyrna write: "The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life says these things: 
9 "I know your oppression, and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy of those who say they are Yehudim, and they are not, but are a synagogue of Hasatan. 
10 Don't be afraid of the things which you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested; and you will have oppression for ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.
11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. He who overcomes won't be hurt by the second death.
12 "To the angel of the assembly in Pergamum write: "He who has the sharp two-edged sword says these things: 
13 "I know your works and where you dwell, where Hasatan's throne is. You hold firmly to my name, and didn't deny my faith, even in the days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one, who was killed among you, where Hasatan dwells. 
14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Bil`am, who taught Balak to throw a stumbling block before the children of Yisra'el, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 
15 So you also have some who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans in the same way. 
16 Repent therefore, or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of my mouth.
17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes, to him will I give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no one knows but he who receives it.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment