Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 3 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













OCTOBER 3


PSALMS:   3, 33, 63, 93, 123

PROVERBS:  3

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 4:1 - 5:11

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 14:1 - 20


PSALMS:  3

1 A psalm of David, 
when he fled from Avshalom his son: 
ADONAI, how many enemies I have! 
How countless are those attacking me; 
2 how countless those who say of me, 
"There is no salvation for him in God." 
(Selah) 
3 But you, ADONAI, are a shield for me; 
you are my glory, you lift my head high. 
4 With my voice I call out to ADONAI, 
and he answers me from his holy hill. 
(Selah) 
5 I lie down and sleep, then wake up again, 
because ADONAI sustains me. 
6 I am not afraid of the tens of thousands 
set against me on every side. 
7 Rise up, ADONAI! 
Save me, my God! 
For you slap all my enemies in the face, 
you smash the teeth of the wicked. 
8 Victory comes from ADONAI; 
may your blessing rest on your people. 
(Selah)


PSALMS:  33

1 Rejoice in ADONAI, you righteous! 
Praise is well-suited to the upright. 
2 Give thanks to ADONAI with the lyre, 
sing praises to him with a ten-stringed harp. 
3 Sing to him a new song, 
make music at your best among shouts of joy. 
4 For the word of ADONAI is true, 
and all his work is trustworthy. 
5 He loves righteousness and justice; 
the earth is full of the grace of ADONAI. 
6 By the word of ADONAI the heavens were made, 
and their whole host by a breath from his mouth. 
7 He collects the sea waters together in a heap; 
he puts the deeps in storehouses. 
8 Let all the earth fear ADONAI! 
Let all living in the world stand in awe of him. 
9 For he spoke, and there it was; 
he commanded, and there it stood. 
10 ADONAI brings to nothing the plans of nations, 
he foils the plans of the peoples. 
11 But the counsel of ADONAI stands forever, 
his heart's plans are for all generations. 
12 How blessed is the nation whose God is ADONAI, 
the people he chose as his heritage! 
13 ADONAI looks out from heaven; 
he sees every human being; 
14 from the place where he lives he 
watches everyone living on earth, 
15 he who fashioned the hearts of them 
all and understands all they do. 
16 A king is not saved by the size of his army, 
a strong man not delivered by his great strength. 
17 To rely on a horse for safety is vain, 
nor does its great power assure escape. 
18 But ADONAI's eyes watch over those who fear him, 
over those who wait for his grace 
19 to rescue them from death 
and keep them alive in famine. 
20 We are waiting for ADONAI;
 he is our help and shield. 
21 For in him our hearts rejoice, 
because we trust in his holy name. 
22 May your mercy, ADONAI, be over us, 
because we put our hope in you.


PSALMS:  63

1 A psalm of David, 
when he was in the desert of Y'hudah: 
O God, you are my God; 
I will seek you eagerly. 
My heart thirsts for you, 
my body longs for you in a land parched and exhausted, 
where no water can be found. 
2 I used to contemplate you in the sanctuary, 
seeing your power and glory; 
3 for your grace is better than life. 
My lips will worship you. 
4 Yes, I will bless you as long as I live; 
in your name I will lift up my hands. 
5 I am as satisfied as with rich food; 
my mouth praises you with joy on my lips 
6 when I remember you on my bed 
and meditate on you in the night watches. 
7 For you have been my help; 
in the shadow of your wings I rejoice; 
8 my heart clings to you; 
your right hand supports me. 
9 But those who seek to destroy my life -may 
they go to the lowest parts of the earth. 
10 May they be given over to the power of the sword; 
may they become prey for jackals. 
11 But the king will rejoice in God. 
Everyone who swears by him will exult, 
for the mouths of liars will be silenced.


PSALMS:  93

1 ADONAI is king, robed in majesty; 
ADONAI is robed, girded with strength; 
The world is well established; 
it cannot be moved. 
2 Your throne was established long ago; 
you have existed forever. 
3 ADONAI, the deep is raising up, the deep is raising up 
its voice, the deep is raising its crashing waves. 
4 More than the sound of rushing waters or the mighty breakers of the sea, 
ADONAI on high is mighty.
5 Your instructions are very sure; 
holiness befits your house, 
ADONAI, for all time to come.


PSALMS:  123

1 A song of ascents: 
I raise my eyes to you, whose throne is in heaven. 
2 As a servant looks to the hand of his master, 
or a slave-girl to the hand of her mistress, 
so our eyes turn to ADONAI our God, 
until he has mercy on us. 
3 Have mercy on us, ADONAI, have mercy; 
for we have had our fill of contempt, 
4 more than our fill of scorn from the complacent 
and contempt from the arrogant.


PROVERBS:  3

1 My son, don't forget my teaching, 
keep my commands in your heart; 
2 for they will add to you many days, 
years of life and peace.
3 Do not let grace and truth leave you -bind them around your neck; 
write them on the tablet of your heart. 
4 Then you will win favor and esteem 
in the sight of God and of people. 
5 Trust in ADONAI with all your heart; 
do not rely on your own understanding. 
6 In all your ways acknowledge him; 
then he will level your paths. 
7 Don't be conceited about your own wisdom; 
but fear ADONAI, and turn from evil. 
8 This will bring health to your body 
and give strength to your bones. 
9 Honor ADONAI with your wealth 
and with the firstfruits of all your income. 
10 Then your granaries will be filled 
and your vats overflow with new wine. 
11 My son, don't despise ADONAI's discipline 
or resent his reproof; 
12 for ADONAI corrects those he loves 
like a father who delights in his son. 
13 Happy the person who finds wisdom, 
the person who acquires understanding; 
14 for her profit exceeds that of silver, 
gaining her is better than gold, 
15 she is more precious than pearls -nothing 
you want can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand, 
riches and honor in her left. 
17 Her ways are pleasant ways, 
and all her paths are peace. 
18 She is a tree of life to those who grasp her; 
whoever holds fast to her will be made happy. 
19 ADONAI by wisdom founded the earth, 
by understanding he established the heavens, 
20 by his knowledge the deep [springs] burst open 
and the dew condenses from the sky. 
21 My son, don't let these slip from your sight; 
preserve common sense and discretion; 
22 they will be life for your being 
and grace for your neck. 
23 Then you will walk your way securely, 
without hurting your foot. 
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; 
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 
25 Don't be afraid of sudden terror or destruction caused by the wicked, 
when it comes; 
26 for you can rely on ADONAI; 
he will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.
27 Don't withhold good from someone entitled to it when 
you have in hand the power to do it. 
28 Don't tell your neighbor, "Go away! 
Come another time; 
I'll give it to you tomorrow," 
when you have it now.
29 Don't plan harm against your neighbor who lives beside you trustingly. 
30 Don't quarrel with someone for no reason, if he has done you no harm. 
31 Don't envy a man of violence, don't choose any of his ways; 
32 for the perverse is an abomination to ADONAI, 
but he shares his secret counsel with the upright. 
33 ADONAI's curse is in the house of the wicked, 
but he blesses the home of the righteous. 
34 The scornful he scorns, 
but gives grace to the humble.
35 The wise win honor, 
but fools win shame.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 4:1 - 5:11

4:1 The angel who talked with me came again, and wakened me, as a man who is wakened out of his sleep. 2 He said to me, "What do you see?" I said, "I have seen, and, behold, a menorah all of gold, with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps thereon; there are seven pipes to each of the lamps, which are on the top of it; 3 and two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl, and the other on the left side of it." 4 I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, "What are these, my lord?" 5 Then the angel who talked with me answered me, "Don't you know what these are?" I said, "No, my lord." 6 Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbavel, saying, 'Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD of Hosts. 7 Who are you, great mountain? before Zerubbavel [you are a plain; and he will bring out the capstone with shouts of 'Grace, grace, to it!'"8 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 9 "The hands of Zerubbavel have laid the foundation of this house. His hands shall also finish it; and you will know that the LORD of Hosts has sent me to you. 10 Indeed, who despises the day of small things? For these seven shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbavel. These are the eyes of the LORD, which run back and forth through the whole eretz." 11 Then I asked him, "What are these two olive trees on the right side of the menorah and on the left side of it?" 12 I asked him the second time, "What are these two olive-branches, which are beside the two golden spouts, that pour the golden oil out of themselves?" 13 He answered me, "Don't you know what these are?" I said, "No, my lord." 14 Then he said, "These are the two anointed ones who stand by the Lord of the whole eretz." 

5:1 Then again I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and, behold, a flying scroll. 2 He said to me, "What do you see?" I answered, "I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its breadth ten cubits." 3 Then he said to me, "This is the curse that goes out over the surface of the whole land; for everyone who steals shall be cut off according to it on the one side; and everyone who swears falsely shall be cut off according to it on the other side. 4 I will cause it to go out," says the LORD of Hosts, "and it will enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him who swears falsely by my name; and it will remain in the midst of his house, and will destroy it with its timber and its stones." 5 Then the angel who talked with me came forward, and said to me, "Lift up now your eyes, and see what is this that is appearing." 6 I said, "What is it?" He said, "This is the efah basket that is appearing." He said moreover, "This is their appearance in all the land 7  (and, behold, a talent of lead was lifted up); and this is a woman sitting in the midst of the efah basket." 8 He said, "This is Wickedness;" and he threw her down into the midst of the efah basket; and he threw the weight of lead on its mouth. 9 Then lifted I up my eyes, and saw, and, behold, there were two women, and the wind was in their wings. Now they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the efah basket between eretz and the sky. 10 Then said I to the angel who talked with me, "Where are these carrying the efah basket?" 11 He said to me, "To build her a house in the land of Shin`ar. When it is prepared, she will be set there in her own place." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 14:1 - 20

14:1 I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Tziyon, and with him one hundred forty-four thousand, having his name, and the name of his Father, written on their foreheads. 
2 I heard a sound from heaven, like the sound of many waters, and like the sound of a great thunder. The sound which I heard was like that of harpers playing on their harps. 
3 They sing something like a new song before the throne, and before the four living creatures and the Zakenim. None could learn the song except the one hundred forty-four thousand, those who had been redeemed out of the eretz. 
4 These are those who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These were redeemed by Yeshua from among men, the first fruits to God and to the Lamb.
5 In their mouth was found no lie. They are without fault. 
6 I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having an eternal Good News to proclaim to those who dwell on the eretz, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people. 
7  He said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heaven, the eretz, the sea, and the springs of waters!"
8 Another, a second angel, followed, saying, "Bavel the great has fallen, which has made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality." 
9 Another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead, or on his hand, 
10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. 
11 The smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. They have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name. 
12 Here is the patience of the holy ones, those who keep the mitzvot of God, and the faith of Yeshua." 
13 I heard the voice from heaven saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them." 
14 I looked, and behold, a white cloud; and on the cloud one sitting like a son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 
15 Another angel came out from the temple, crying with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, "Send forth your sickle, and reap; for the hour to reap has come; for the harvest of the eretz is ripe!" 
16 He who sat on the cloud thrust his sickle on the eretz, and the eretz was reaped. 
17 Another angel came out from the temple which is in heaven. He also had a sharp sickle. 
18 Another angel came out from the altar, he who has power over fire, and he called with a great voice to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Send forth your sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the eretz, for her grapes are fully ripe!" 
19 The angel thrust his sickle into the eretz, and gathered the vintage of the eretz, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 
20 The winepress was trodden outside of the city, and blood came out from the winepress, even to the bridles of the horses, as far as one thousand six hundred stadia.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment