Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 19 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














SEPTEMBER 19


PSALMS:  19, 49, 79, 109, 139

PROVERBS:  19

OLD TESTAMENT:  JOEL 1:1 - 3:21

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 1:1 - 20


PSALMS:  19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God. 
The expanse shows his handiwork. 
2 Day after day they pour forth speech, 
And night after night they display knowledge. 
3 There is no speech nor language, 
Where their voice is not heard. 
4 Their voice has gone out through all the eretz, 
Their words to the end of the world. 
In them he has set a tent for the sun, 
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, 
Like a strong man rejoicing to run his course. 
6 His going forth is from the end of the heavens, 
His circuit to the ends of it; 
There is nothing hid from the heat of it. 
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul. 
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 
8 The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart. 
The mitzvah of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever. 
The ordinances of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. 
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yes, than much fine gold; 
Sweeter also than honey and the extract of the honeycomb. 
11 Moreover by them is your servant warned. 
In keeping them there is great reward. 
12 Who can discern his errors? 
Forgive me from hidden errors. 
13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. 
Let them not have dominion over me. 
Then I will be upright, 
I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression. 
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart 
Be acceptable in your sight, LORD, my rock, and my redeemer.


PSALMS:  49

1 Hear this, all you peoples. 
Listen, all you inhabitants of the world, 
2 Both low and high, 
Rich and poor together. 
3 My mouth will speak words of wisdom. 
My heart shall utter understanding. 
4 I will incline my ear to a proverb. 
I will open my riddle on the harp. 
5 Why should I fear in the days of evil, 
When iniquity at my heels surrounds me? 
6 Those who trust in their wealth, 
And boast in the multitude of their riches -- 
7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, 
Nor give God a ransom for him. 
8 For the redemption of their life is costly, 
No payment is ever enough, 
9 That he should live on forever, 
That he should not see corruption. 
10 For he sees that wise men die; 
Likewise the fool and the senseless perish, 
And leave their wealth to others. 
11 Their inward thought is, that their houses will endure forever, 
And their dwelling places to all generations. 
They name their lands after themselves. 
12 But man, despite his riches, doesn't endure. 
He is like the animals that perish.
13 This is the destiny of those who are foolish, 
And of those who approve their sayings. Selah. 
14 They are appointed as a flock for She'ol. 
Death shall be their shepherd. 
The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning. 
Their beauty shall decay in She'ol, 
Far from their mansion. 
15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of She'ol, 
For he will receive me. 
Selah. 
16 Don't be afraid when a man is made rich, 
When the glory of his house is increased. 
17 For when he dies he shall carry nothing away. 
His glory shall not descend after him. 
18 Though while he lived he blessed his soul -- 
And men praise you when you do well for yourself -- 
19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers. 
They shall never see the light. 
20 A man who has riches without understanding, 
Is like the animals that perish.


PSALMS:  79

1 God, the nations have come into your inheritance. 
They have defiled your holy temple. 
They have laid Yerushalayim in heaps. 
2 They have given the dead bodies of your servants to be food for the birds of the sky, The flesh of your holy ones to the animals of the eretz. 
3 Their blood they have shed like water around Yerushalayim. 
There was no one to bury them. 
4 We have become a reproach to our neighbors, 
A scoffing and derision to those who are around us.
5 How long, LORD? Will you be angry forever? 
Will your jealousy burn like fire? 
6 Pour out your wrath on the nations that don't know you; 
On the kingdoms that don't call on your names; 
7 For they have devoured Ya`akov, 
And destroyed his homeland. 
8 Don't hold the iniquities of our forefathers against us. 
Let your tender mercies speedily meet us, 
For we are in desperate need. 
9 Help us, God of our salvation, for the glory of your name. 
Deliver us, and forgive our sins, for your name's sake. 
10 Why should the nations say, 
"Where is their God?" 
Let it be known among the nations, before our eyes, 
That vengeance for your servants' blood is being poured out. 
11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before you. 
According to the greatness of your power, preserve those who are sentenced to death;
12 Pay back to our neighbors seven times into their bosom 
Their reproach with which they have reproached you, Lord. 
13 So we, your people and sheep of your pasture, 
Will give you thanks forever. 
We will praise you forever, to all generations.


PSALMS:  109

1 God of my praise, don't remain silent, 
2 For they have opened the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of deceit against me. They have spoken to me with a lying tongue. 
3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, 
And fought against me without a cause. 
4 In return for my love, they are my adversaries; 
But I am in prayer. 
5 They have rewarded me evil for good, 
And hatred for my love. 
6 Set a wicked man over him. 
Let an adversary stand at his right hand. 
7  When he is judged, let him come forth guilty. 
Let his prayer be turned into sin. 
8 Let his days be few. Let another take his office. 
9 Let his children be fatherless, 
And his wife a widow. 
10 Let his children be wandering beggars. 
Let them be sought from their ruins. 
11 Let the creditor seize all that he has. 
Let strangers plunder the fruit of his labor. 
12 Let there be none to extend kindness to him, 
Neither let there be any to have pity on his fatherless children. 
13 Let his posterity be cut off. 
In the generation following let their name be blotted out. 
14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered by the LORD. 
Don't let the sin of his mother be blotted out. 
15 Let them be before the LORD continually, 
That he may cut off the memory of them from the eretz; 
16 Because he didn't remember to show kindness, 
But persecuted the poor and needy man, 
The broken in heart, to kill them. 
17  Yes, he loved cursing, and it came to him. 
He didn't delight in blessing, and it was far from him. 
18 He clothed himself also with cursing as with his garment. 
It came into his inward parts like water, 
Like oil into his bones. 
19 Let it be to him as the clothing with which he covers himself, 
For the belt that is always around him. 
20 This is the reward of my adversaries from the LORD, 
Of those who speak evil against my soul. 
21 But deal with me, the LORD the Lord, for your name's sake, 
Because your loving kindness is good, deliver me; 
22 For I am poor and needy. 
My heart is wounded within me. 
23 I fade away like an evening shadow. 
I am shaken off as the arbeh. 
24 My knees are weak through fasting. 
My body is thin and lacks fat. 
25 I have also become a reproach to them. 
When they see me, they shake their head. 
26 Help me, LORD, my God. 
Save me according to your loving kindness;
27  That they may know that this is your hand; 
That you, LORD, have done it. 
28 They may curse, but you bless. 
When they arise, they will be put to shame, 
But your servant shall rejoice. 
29 Let my adversaries be clothed with dishonor. 
Let them cover themselves with their own shame as with a robe. 
30 I will give great thanks to the LORD with my mouth. 
Yes, I will praise him among the multitude. 
31 For he will stand at the right hand of the needy, 
To save him from those who judge his soul.


PSALMS:  139

1 LORD, you have searched me, 
And you know me. 
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. 
You perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You search out my path and my lying down, 
And are acquainted with all my ways. 
4 For there is not a word on my tongue, 
But, behold, LORD, you know it altogether. 
5 You tzitzit me in behind and before. 
You laid your hand on me. 
6 This knowledge is beyond me. 
It is lofty. I can't attain it. 
7 Where could I go from your Spirit? 
Or where could I flee from your presence? 
8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. 
If I make my bed in She'ol, behold, you are there! 
9 If I take the wings of the dawn, 
And settle in the uttermost parts of the sea; 
10 Even there your hand will lead me, 
And your right hand will hold me. 
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; 
The light around me will be night;" 
12 Even the darkness doesn't hide from you, 
But the night shines as the day. 
The darkness is like light to you. 
13 For you formed my inmost being. 
You knit me together in my mother's womb. 
14 I will give thanks to you, 
For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Your works are wonderful. 
My soul knows that very well. 
15 My frame wasn't hidden from you, 
When I was made in secret, 
Woven together in the depths of the eretz. 
16 Your eyes saw my body. 
In your book they were all written, 
The days that were ordained for me, 
When as yet there were none of them. 
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! 
How vast is the sum of them! 
18 If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. 
When I wake up, I am still with you. 
19 If only you, God, would kill the wicked. 
Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men! 
20 For they speak against you wickedly. 
Your enemies take your name in vain. 
21 LORD, don't I hate those who hate you? 
Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you? 
22 I hate them with perfect hatred. 
They have become my enemies. 
23 Search me, God, and know my heart. 
Try me, and know my thoughts.
24 See if there is any wicked way in me, 
And lead me in the everlasting way.


PROVERBS:  19

1 Better is the poor who walks in his integrity 
Than he who is perverse in his lips and is a fool. 
2 It isn't good to have zeal without knowledge; 
Nor being hasty with one's feet and missing the way. 
3 The foolishness of man subverts his way; 
His heart rages against the LORD. 
4 Wealth adds many friends, 
But the poor is separated from his friend. 
5 A false witness shall not be unpunished. 
He who pours out lies shall not go free. 
6 Many will entreat the favor of a ruler, 
And everyone is a friend to a man who gives gifts. 
7 All the relatives of the poor shun him: 
How much more do his friends avoid him! 
He pursues them with pleas, but they are gone. 
8 He who gets wisdom loves his own soul. 
He who keeps understanding shall find good. 
9 A false witness shall not be unpunished. 
He who utters lies shall perish. 
10 Delicate living is not appropriate for a fool, 
Much less for a servant to have rule over princes. 
11 The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger. 
It is his glory to overlook an offense. 
12 The king's wrath is like the roaring of a lion, 
But his favor is like dew on the grass. 
13 A foolish son is the calamity of his father. 
A wife's quarrels are a continual dripping. 
14 House and riches are an inheritance from fathers, 
But a prudent wife is from the LORD. 
15 Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep. 
The idle soul shall suffer hunger.
16 He who keeps the mitzvah keeps his soul, 
But he who is contemptuous in his ways shall die. 
17 He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD; 
He will reward him. 
18 Discipline your son, for there is hope; 
Don't be a willing party to his death. 
19 A hot-tempered man must pay the penalty, 
For if you rescue him, you must do it again. 
20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction, ‘
That you may be wise in your latter end. 
21 There are many plans in a man's heart, 
But the LORD's counsel will prevail. 
22 That which makes a man to be desired is his kindness. 
A poor man is better than a liar.
23 The fear of the LORD leads to life, then contentment; 
He rests and will not be touched by trouble. 
24 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; 
He will not so much as bring it to his mouth again. 
25 Flog a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence; 
Rebuke one who has understanding, and he will gain knowledge. 
26 He who robs his father and drives away his mother, 
Is a son who causes shame and brings reproach. 
27 Stop, my son, listening to instruction, 
And you will stray from the words of knowledge. 
28 A corrupt witness mocks justice, 
And the mouth of the wicked gulps down iniquity. 
29 Penalties are prepared for scoffers, 
And beatings for the backs of fools.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JOEL 1:1 - 3:21

1:1 The Word of the LORD that came to Yo'el, the son of Petu'el. 2 Hear this, you Zakenim, And listen, all you inhabitants of the land. Has this ever happened in your days, Or in the days of your fathers? 3 Tell your children about it, And have your children tell their children, And their children, another generation. 4 What the swarming arbeh has left, the great arbeh has eaten. What the great arbeh has left, the khagav has eaten. What the khagav has left, the caterpillar has eaten. 5 Wake up, you drunkards, and weep! Wail, all you drinkers of wine, because of the sweet wine; For it is cut off from your mouth. 6 For a nation has come up on my land, strong, and without number. His teeth are the teeth of a lion, And he has the fangs of a lioness. 7 He has laid my vine waste, And stripped my fig tree. He has stripped its bark, and thrown it away. Its branches are made white. 8 Mourn like a virgin dressed in sackcloth for the husband of her youth! 9 The meal offering and the drink offering are cut off from the LORD's house. The Kohanim, the LORD's ministers, mourn. 10 The field is laid waste. The land mourns, for the grain is destroyed, The new wine has dried up, And the oil languishes. 11 Be confounded, you farmers! Wail, you vineyard keepers; For the wheat and for the barley; For the harvest of the field has perished. 12 The vine has dried up, and the fig tree withered; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, Even all of the trees of the field are withered; For joy has withered away from the sons of men. 13 Put on sackcloth and mourn, you Kohanim! Wail, you ministers of the altar. Come, lie all night in sackcloth, you ministers of my God, For the meal offering and the drink offering are withheld from your God's house. 14 Sanctify a fast. Call a solemn assembly. Gather the Zakenim, And all the inhabitants of the land, to the house of the LORD, your God, And cry to the LORD. 15 Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is at hand, And it will come as destruction from Shaddai. 16 Isn't the food cut off before our eyes; Joy and gladness from the house of our God? 17 The seeds rot under their clods. The granaries are laid desolate. The barns are broken down, for the grain has withered. 18 How the animals groan! The herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture. Yes, the flocks of sheep are made desolate. 19 The LORD, I cry to you, For the fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness, And the flame has burned all the trees of the field. 20 Yes, the animals of the field pant to you, For the water brooks have dried up, And the fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness. 

2:1 Blow you the shofar in Tziyon, And sound an alarm in my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, For the day of the LORD comes, For it is close at hand: 2 A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness. As the dawn spreading on the mountains, A great and strong people; There has never been the like, Neither will there be any more after them, Even to the years of many generations. 3 A fire devours before them, And behind them, a flame burns. The land is as the garden of `Eden before them, And behind them, a desolate wilderness. Yes, and no one has escaped them. 4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses, And as horsemen, so do they run. 5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of the mountains do they leap, Like the noise of a flame of fire that devours the stubble, As a strong people set in battle array. 6 At their presence the peoples are in anguish. All faces have grown pale. 7 They run like mighty men. They climb the wall like warriors. They each march in his line, and they don't swerve off course. 8 Neither does one jostle another; They march everyone in his path, And they burst through the defenses, And don't break ranks. 9 They rush on the city. They run on the wall. They climb up into the houses. They enter in at the windows like thieves.10 The eretz quakes before them. The heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, And the stars withdraw their shining. 11 The LORD thunders his voice before his army; For his forces are very great; For he is strong who obeys his command; For the day of the LORD is great and very awesome, And who can endure it? 12 "Yet even now," says the LORD, "turn to me with all your heart, And with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning." 13 Tear your heart, and not your garments, And turn to the LORD, your God; For he is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, And relents from sending calamity. 14 Who knows? He may turn and relent, And leave a blessing behind him, Even a meal offering and a drink offering to the LORD, your God. 15 Blow the shofar in Tziyon! Sanctify a fast. Call a solemn assembly. 16 Gather the people. Sanctify the assembly. Assemble the Zakenim. Gather the children, and those who suck the breasts. Let the bridegroom go forth from his room, And the bride out of her chamber. 17  Let the Kohanim, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, And let them say, "Spare your people, LORD, And don't give your heritage to reproach, That the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where is their God?'" 18 Then the LORD was jealous for his land, And had pity on his people. 19 The LORD answered his people, "Behold, I will send you grain, new wine, and oil, And you will be satisfied with them; And I will no more make you a reproach among the nations. 20 But I will remove the northern army far away from you, And will drive it into a barren and desolate land, Its front into the eastern sea, And its back into the western sea; And its stench will come up, And its bad smell will rise." Surely he has done great things. 21 Land, don't be afraid. Be glad and rejoice, for the LORD has done great things. 22 Don't be afraid, you animals of the field; For the pastures of the wilderness spring up, For the tree bears its fruit. The fig tree and the vine yield their strength. 23 "Be glad then, you children of Tziyon, And rejoice in the LORD, your God; For he gives you the former rain in just measure, And he causes the rain to come down for you, The former rain and the latter rain, As before. 24 The threshing floors will be full of wheat, And the vats will overflow with new wine and oil. 25 I will restore to you the years that the swarming arbeh has eaten, The great arbeh, the khagav, and the caterpillar, My great army, which I sent among you. 26 You will have plenty to eat, and be satisfied, And will praise the name of the LORD, your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And my people will never again be put to shame. 27 You will know that I am in the midst of Yisra'el, And that I am the LORD, your God, and there is no one else; And my people will never again be put to shame. 28 "It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; And your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions. 29 And also on the servants and on the handmaids in those days, I will pour out my Spirit. 30 I will show wonders in the heavens and in the eretz: Blood, fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun will be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the great and terrible day of the LORD comes. 32 It will happen that whoever will call on the name of the LORD shall be saved; For in Mount Tziyon and in Yerushalayim there will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, And among the remnant, those whom the LORD calls. 

3:1 "For, behold, in those days, And in that time, When I restore the fortunes of Yehudah and Yerushalayim, 2 I will gather all nations, And will bring them down into the valley of Yehoshafat; And I will execute judgment on them there for my people, And for my heritage, Yisra'el, whom they have scattered among the nations. They have divided my land, 3 And have cast lots for my people, And have given a boy for a prostitute, And sold a girl for wine, that they may drink. 4 "Yes, and what are you to me, Tzor, and Tzidon, And all the regions of Peleshet? Will you repay me? And if you repay me, I will swiftly and speedily return your repayment on your own head. 5 Because you have taken my silver and my gold, And have carried my finest treasures into your temples, 6 And have sold the children of Yehudah and the children of Yerushalayim to the sons of the Yevanim, That you may remove them far from their border. 7 Behold, I will stir them up out of the place where you have sold them, And will return your repayment on your own head; 8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hands of the children of Yehudah, And they will sell them to the men of Sheva, To a faraway nation, For the LORD has spoken it." 9 Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare war. Stir up the mighty men. Let all the warriors draw near. Let them come up. 10 Beat your plowshares into swords, And your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, "I am strong." 11 Hurry and come, all you surrounding nations, And gather yourselves together." Cause your mighty ones to come down there, LORD. 12 "Let the nations arouse themselves, And come up to the valley of Yehoshafat; For there will I sit to judge all the surrounding nations. 13 Put in the sickle; For the harvest is ripe. Come, tread, for the winepress is full, The vats overflow, for their wickedness is great." 14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near, in the valley of decision. 15 The sun and the moon are darkened, And the stars withdraw their shining." 16 The LORD will roar from Tziyon, And thunder from Yerushalayim; And the heavens and the eretz will shake; But the LORD will be a refuge to his people, And a stronghold to the children of Yisra'el. 17 "So you will know that I am the LORD, your God, Dwelling in Tziyon, my holy mountain. Then Yerushalayim will be holy, And no strangers will pass through her any more. 18 It will happen in that day, That the mountains will drop down sweet wine, The hills will flow with milk, All the brooks of Yehudah will flow with waters; And a fountain will come forth from the house of the LORD, And will water the valley of Shittim. 19 Mitzrayim will be a desolation, And Edom will be a desolate wilderness, For the violence done to the children of Yehudah, Because they have shed innocent blood in their land. 20 But Yehudah will be inhabited forever, And Yerushalayim from generation to generation. 21 I will cleanse their blood, That I have not cleansed: For the LORD dwells in Tziyon." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 1:1 - 20

1 This is the Revelation of Yeshua the Messiah, which God gave him to show to his servants the things which must happen soon, which he sent and made known by his angel to his servant, Yochanan,
2 who testified to God's word, and of the testimony of Yeshua the Messiah, about everything that he saw. 
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is at hand. 
4 Yochanan, to the seven assemblies that are in Asia: Grace to you and shalom, from God, who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits who are before his throne; 
5 and from Yeshua the Messiah, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the eretz. To him who loves us, and washed us from our sins by his blood; 
6 and he made us to be a kingdom, Kohanim to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amein.
7  Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, including those who pierced him. All the tribes of the eretz will mourn over him. Even so, Amein. 
8 "I am the Alef and the Tav," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, Shaddai." 
9 I Yochanan, your brother and partaker with you in oppression and kingdom and perseverance in Messiah Yeshua, was on the isle that is called Patmos because of God's Word and the testimony of Yeshua the Messiah. 
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a shofar 
11 saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
12 I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. Having turned, I saw seven golden menorot. 
13 And in the midst of the menorot was one like a son of man, clothed with a robe reaching down to his feet, and with a golden sash around his chest. 
14 His head and his hair were white as white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire.
15 His feet were like burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace. His voice was like the voice of many waters. 
16 He had seven stars in his right hand. Out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.
17  When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man. He laid his right hand on me, saying, "Don't be afraid. I am the first and the last,
18 and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amein. I have the keys of Death and of She'ol. 
19Write therefore the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will happen hereafter; 
20 the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden menorot. The seven stars are the angels of the seven assemblies. The seven menorot are seven assemblies.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment