Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 5 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















OCTOBER 5


PSALMS:   5

PROVERBS:  5, 35, 65, 95, 125

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 8:1 - 23

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 16:1 - 21


PSALMS:  5

1 For the leader. 
On wind instruments. 
A psalm of David: 
Give ear to my words, 
ADONAI, consider my inmost thoughts. 
2 Listen to my cry for help, 
my king and my God, for I pray to you. 
3 ADONAI, in the morning you will hear my voice; 
in the morning I lay my needs before you and wait expectantly. 
4 For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness; 
evil cannot remain with you. 
5 Those who brag cannot stand before your eyes, 
you hate all who do evil, 
6 you destroy those who tell lies, 
ADONAI detests men of blood and deceivers. 
7 But I can enter your house because of your great grace and love; 
I will bow down toward your holy temple in reverence for you. 
8 Lead me, ADONAI, in your righteousness 
because of those lying in wait for me; 
make your way straight before me. 
9 For in their mouths there is nothing sincere, 
within them are calamities, their throats are open tombs, 
they flatter with their tongues. 
10 God, declare them guilty! 
Let them fall through their own intrigues, 
For their many crimes, throw them down; 
since they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice, 
let them forever shout for joy! 
Shelter them; 
and they will be glad, 
those who love your name.
12 For you, ADONAI, bless the righteous; 
you surround them with favor like a shield.


PSALMS:  35

1 By David: ADONAI, oppose those who oppose me; 
fight against those who fight against me. 
2 Grasp your shield and protective gear, 
and rise to my defense. 
3 Brandish spear and battle-axe against my pursuers; 
let me hear you say, "I am your salvation." 
4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to confusion; 
may those who are plotting harm for me be repulsed and put to shame. 
5 May they be like chaff before the wind, 
with the angel of ADONAI to drive them on. 
6 May their way be dark and slippery, 
with the angel of ADONAI to pursue them. 
7 For unprovoked, they hid their net over a pit; 
unprovoked, they dug it for me. 
8 May destruction come over him unawares. 
May the net he concealed catch himself; 
may he fall into it and be destroyed. 
9 Then I will be joyful in ADONAI, 
I will rejoice in his salvation. 
10 All my bones will say, "Who is like you? 
Who can rescue the weak from those stronger than they, 
the poor and needy from those who exploit them?" 
11 Malicious witnesses come forward, 
asking me things about which I know nothing. 
12 They repay me evil for good; 
it makes me feel desolate as a parent bereaved. 
13 But I, when they were ill, wore sackcloth; 
I put myself out and fasted; 
I can pray that what I prayed for them might also happen to me. 
14 I behaved as I would for my friend or my brother; 
I bent down in sorrow as if mourning my mother. 
15 But when I stumble, they gather in glee; 
they gather against me and strike me unawares; 
they tear me apart unceasingly. 
16 With ungodly mocking and grimacing, 
they grind their teeth at me. 
17 Adonai, how much longer will you look on? 
Rescue me from their assaults, save the one life I have from the lions! 
18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly, 
I will give you praise among huge crowds of people.
19 Don't let those who are wrongfully my enemies gloat over me; 
and those who hate me unprovoked -don't let them smirk at me. 
20 For they don't speak words of peace but devise ways 
to deceive the peaceful of the land. 
21 They shout to accuse me, 
"Aha! Aha! we saw you with our own eyes!" 
22 You saw them, ADONAI; 
don't stay silent. 
Adonai, don't stay far away from me. 
23 Wake up! Get up, my God, my Lord! 
Defend me and my cause! 
24 Give judgment for me, ADONAI, my God, 
as your righteousness demands. 
Don't let them gloat over me. 
25 Don't let them say to themselves, 
"Aha! We got what we wanted!"
or say, "We swallowed them up!" 
26 May those who gloat over my distress be disgraced and humiliated. 
May those who aggrandize themselves at my expense be covered 
with shame and confusion. 
27  But may those who delight in my righteousness 
shout for joy and be glad! 
Let them say always, "How great is ADONAI, 
who delights in the peace of his servant!
"Then my tongue will tell of your righteousness 
and praise you all day long.


PSALMS:  65

1 For the leader. A psalm of David. 
A song: To you, God, in Tziyon, silence is praise; 
and vows to you are to be fulfilled. 
2 You who listen to prayer, 
to you all living creatures come. 
3 When deeds of wickedness overwhelm me, 
you will atone for our crimes. 
4 How blessed are those you choose and bring near, 
so that they can remain in your courtyards! 
We will be satisfied with the goodness of your house, 
the Holy Place of your temple. 
5 It is just that you answer us with awesome deeds, 
God of our salvation, you in whom all put their trust, 
to the ends of the earth and on distant seas. 
6 By your strength you set up the mountains. 
You are clothed with power. 
7 You still the roaring of the seas, 
their crashing waves, and the peoples' turmoil. 
8 This is why those living at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your signs. 
The places where the sun rises and sets you cause to sing for joy. 
9 You care for the earth and water it, you enrich it greatly; 
with the river of God, full of water, 
you provide them grain and prepare the ground. 
10 Soaking its furrows and settling its soil, 
you soften it with showers and bless its growth. 
11 You crown the year with your goodness, 
your tracks overflow with richness. 
12The desert pastures drip water, 
the hills are wrapped with joy, 
13 the meadows are clothed with flocks and the valleys blanketed with grain, 
so they shout for joy and break into song.


PSALMS:  95

1 Come, let's sing to ADONAI! 
Let's shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation! 
2 Let's come into his presence with thanksgiving; 
let's shout for joy to him with songs of praise. 
3 For ADONAI is a great God, 
a great king greater than all gods. 
4 He holds the depths of the earth in his hands; 
the mountain peaks too belong to him. 
5 The sea is his - he made it -and 
his hands shaped the dry land. 
6 Come, let's bow down and worship; 
let's kneel before ADONAI who made us. 
7 For he is our God, and we are the people in his pasture, the sheep in his care. 
If only today you would listen to his voice: 
8 "Don't harden your hearts, as you did at M'rivah, 
as you did on that day at Massah in the desert, 
9 when your fathers put me to the test; 
they challenged me, even though they saw my work. 
10 For forty years I loathed that generation; 
I said, 'This is a people whose hearts go astray, 
they don't understand how I do things.' 
11 Therefore I swore in my anger 
that they would not enter my rest."


PSALMS:  125

1 A song of ascents: 
Those who trust in ADONAI are like Mount Tziyon, 
which cannot be moved but remains forever. 
2 Yerushalayim! 
Mountains all around it! 
Thus ADONAI is around his people henceforth and forever. 
3 For the scepter of wickedness will not rule the inheritance of the righteous, 
so that the righteous will not themselves turn their hands to evil. 
4 Do good, ADONAI, to the good, to those upright in their hearts. 
5 But as for those who turn aside to their own crooked ways, 
may ADONAI turn them away, along with those who do evil. 
Shalom on Isra'el!


PROVERBS:  5

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom; 
incline your ear to my understanding; 
2 so that you will preserve discretion 
and your lips keep watch over knowledge. 
3 For the lips of a woman who is a stranger drop honey, 
her mouth is smoother than oil; 
4 but in the end she is as bitter as wormwood, 
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death, her steps lead straight to Sh'ol; 
6she doesn't walk the level path of life -her course wanders all over, 
but she doesn't know it. 
7 So now, children, listen to me; 
don't turn away from what I am saying: 
8 distance your way from her, 
stay far from the door of her house; 
9 so that you won't give your vigor to others 
and your years to someone who is cruel, 
10 so strangers won't be filled with your strength 
and what you worked for go to a foreign house. 
11 Then, when your flesh and bones have shrunk, 
at the end of your life, you would moan, 
12 "How I hated discipline! 
My whole being despised reproof, 
13 I ignored what my teachers said, 
I didn't listen to my instructors. 
14 I took part in almost every kind of evil, 
and the whole community knew it." 
15 Drink the water from your own cistern, 
fresh water from your own well. 
16 Let what your springs produce be dispersed outside, 
streams of water flowing in the streets; 
17 but let them be for you alone 
and not for strangers with you. 
18 Let your fountain, the wife of your youth, be blessed; 
find joy in her 
19 a lovely deer, a graceful fawn; 
let her breasts satisfy you at all times, 
always be infatuated with her love. 
20 My son, why be infatuated with an unknown woman? 
Why embrace the body of a loose woman? 
21 For ADONAI is watching a man's ways; 
he surveys all his paths. 
22 A wicked person's own crimes will trap him, 
he will be held fast by the ropes of his sin. 
23 He will die from lack of discipline; 
the magnitude of his folly will make him totter and fall.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 8:1 - 23

8:1 The word of the LORD of Hosts came to me. 
2 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "I am jealous for Tziyon with great jealousy, and I am jealous for her with great wrath." 
3 Thus says the LORD: "I have returned to Tziyon, and will dwell in the midst of Yerushalayim. Yerushalayim shall be called 'The City of Truth;' and the mountain of the LORD of Hosts, 'The Holy Mountain.'" 
4 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "Old men and old women will again dwell in the streets of Yerushalayim, every man with his staff in his hand for very age. 
5 The streets of the city will be full of boys and girls playing in its streets." 
6 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in those days, should it also be marvelous in my eyes?" says the LORD of Hosts. 
7  Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 
8 and I will bring them, and they will dwell in the midst of Yerushalayim; and they will be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness." 
9 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "Let your hands be strong, you who hear in these days these words from the mouth of the prophets who were in the day that the foundation of the house of the LORD of Hosts was laid, even the temple, that it might be built. 
10 For before those days there was no wages for man, nor any wages for an animal; neither was there any shalom to him who went out or came in, because of the adversary. For I set all men everyone against his neighbor. 
11 But now I will not be to the remnant of this people as in the former days," says the LORD of Hosts. 
12 "For the seed of shalom and the vine will yield its fruit, and the ground will give its increase, and the heavens will give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 
13 It shall come to pass that, as you were a curse among the nations, house of Yehudah and house of Yisra'el, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing. Don't be afraid. Let your hands be strong." 
14 For thus says the LORD of hosts: "As I thought to do evil to you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath," says the LORD of Hosts, "and I didn't repent; 
15 so again have I thought in these days to do good to Yerushalayim and to the house of Yehudah. Don't be afraid. 
16 These are the things that you shall do: speak every man the truth with his neighbor. Execute the judgment of truth and shalom in your gates, 
17 and let none of you devise evil in your hearts against his neighbor, and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate," says the LORD. 
18 The word of the LORD of Hosts came to me. 
19 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "The fasts of the fourth fifth, seventh, and tenth months shall be for the house of Yehudah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts. Therefore love truth and shalom." 
20 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "Many peoples, and the inhabitants of many cities will yet come; 
21 and the inhabitants of one shall go to another, saying, 'Let us go speedily to entreat the favor of the LORD, and to seek the LORD of Hosts. I will go also.' 
22 Yes, many peoples and strong nations will come to seek the LORD of Hosts in Yerushalayim, and to entreat the favor of the LORD." 
23 Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "In those days, ten men will take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, they will take hold of the skirt of him who is a Yehudi, saying, 'We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'"


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 16:1 - 21

16:1 I heard a loud voice out of the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out the seven bowls of the wrath of God on the eretz!"
2 The first went, and poured out his bowl into the eretz, and it became a harmful and evil sore on the men who had the mark of the beast, and who worshiped his image. 
3 The second angel poured out his bowl into the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man. Every living thing in the sea died. 
4 The third poured out his bowl into the rivers and springs of water, and it became blood. 
5 I heard the angel of the waters saying, "You are righteous, who are and who were, you Holy One, because you judged this way. 
6 For they poured out the blood of the holy ones and the prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. They deserve this." 
7  I heard the altar saying, "Yes, Lord God, Shaddai, true and righteous are your judgments." 
8 The fourth poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given to him to scorch men with fire. 
9 Men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues. They didn't repent and give him glory. 
10 The fifth poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was darkened. They gnawed their tongues because of the pain, 
11and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores. They didn't repent of their works. 
12 The sixth poured out his bowl on the great river, the Perat. Its water was dried up, that the way might be made ready for the kings that come from the sunrise. 
13 I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, something like frogs; 
14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs; which go forth to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, Shaddai. 
15 "Behold, I come like a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his clothes, so that he doesn't walk naked, and they see his shame." 
16 He gathered them together into the place which is called in Hebrew, "Har-Megiddo." 
17  The seventh poured out his bowl into the air. A loud voice came forth out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" 
18 There were lightnings, sounds, and thunders; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since there were men on the eretz, so great an earthquake, so mighty. 
19 The great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Bavel the great was remembered in the sight of God, to give to her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 
20 Every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 
21 Great hailstones, about the weight of a talent, came down out of the sky on men. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, for the plague of it is exceeding great.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment