Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 2 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












OCTOBER 2


PSALMS:   2, 32, 62, 92, 122

PROVERBS:  2

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 2:1 - 3:10

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 12:18 - 13:18


PSALMS:  2

1 Why are the nations in an uproar, 
the peoples grumbling in vain?
2 The earth's kings are taking positions, 
leaders conspiring together, 
against ADONAI and his anointed. 
3 They cry, "Let's break their fetters! 
Let's throw off their chains!" 
4 He who sits in heaven laughs; 
Adonai looks at them in derision. 
5 Then in his anger he rebukes them, 
terrifies them in his fury. 
6 "I myself have installed my king on Tziyon, 
my holy mountain." 
7 "I will proclaim the decree: 
ADONAI said to me, 
'You are my son; 
today I became your father. 
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance; 
the whole wide world will be your possession. 
9 You will break them with an iron rod, 
shatter them like a clay pot.'" 
10 Therefore, kings, be wise; 
be warned, you judges of the earth. 
11 Serve ADONAI with fear; 
rejoice, but with trembling. 
12 Kiss the son, lest he be angry, 
and you perish along the way, 
when suddenly his anger blazes. 
How blessed are all who take refuge in him.


PSALMS:  32

1 By David. 
A maskil: 
How blessed are those whose offense is forgiven, 
those whose sin is covered! 
2 How blessed those to whom ADONAI imputes no guilt, 
in whose spirit is no deceit! 
3 When I kept silent, 
my bones wasted away because of my groaning all day long;
4 day and night your hand was heavy on me; 
the sap in me dried up as in a summer drought. 
(Selah) 
5 When I acknowledged my sin to you, 
when I stopped concealing my guilt, 
and said, "I will confess my offenses to ADONAI"; 
then you, you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Selah) 
6 This is what everyone faithful should pray at a time when you can be found. 
Then, when the floodwaters are raging, they will not reach to him. 
7 You are a hiding-place for me, you will keep me from distress; 
you will surround me with songs of deliverance. (Selah) 
8 "I will instruct and teach you in this way that you are to go; 
I will give you counsel; 
my eyes will be watching you." 
9 Don't be like a horse or mule that has no understanding, 
that has to be curbed with bit and bridle, 
or else it won't come near you. 
10 Many are the torments of the wicked, 
but grace surrounds those who trust in ADONAI. 
11 Be glad in ADONAI; 
rejoice, you righteous! 
Shout for joy, all you upright in heart!


PSALMS:  62

1 For the leader. 
Set in the style of Y'dutun. 
A psalm of David: 
My soul waits in silence for God alone; 
my salvation comes from him. 
2 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold; 
I won't be greatly moved. 
3 How long will you assail a person in order to murder him, all of you, 
as if he were a sagging wall or a shaky fence? 
4 They only want to shake him from his height, 
they take delight in lying with their mouths they bless, but inwardly they curse. 
(Selah) 
5 My soul, wait in silence for God alone, 
because my hope comes from him. 
6 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold; 
I won't be moved.
7  My safety and honor rest on God. 
My strong rock and refuge are in God. 
8 Trust in him, people, at all times; 
pour out your heart before him; 
God is a refuge for us. (Selah) 
9 Ordinary folks are merely a breath and important people a sham; 
if you lay them on a balance-scale, they go up both together are lighter than nothing. 
10 Don't put your trust in extortion, don't put false hopes in robbery; 
even if wealth increases, don't set your heart on it. 
11 God has spoken once, I have heard it twice: 
strength belongs to God. 
12 Also to you, Adonai, belongs grace; 
for you reward all as their deeds deserve.


PSALMS:  92

1 A psalm. 
A song for Shabbat: 
It is good to give thanks to ADONAI and sing praises to your name, 'Elyon, 
2 to tell in the morning about your grace and at night about your faithfulness, 
3 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute, 
with the melody sounding on a lyre. 
4 For, ADONAI, what you do makes me happy; 
I take joy in what your hands have made. 
5 How great are your deeds, ADONAI! 
How very deep your thoughts! 
6 Stupid people can't know, fools don't understand, 
7 that when the wicked sprout like grass, and all who do evil prosper, 
it is so that they can be eternally destroyed, 
8 while you, ADONAI, are exalted forever. 
9 For your enemies, ADONAI, your enemies will perish; 
all evildoers will be scattered. 
10 But you have given me the strength of a wild bull; 
you anoint me with fresh olive oil. 
11 My eyes have gazed with pleasure on my enemies' ruin, 
my ears have delighted in the fall of my foes. 
12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, 
they will grow like a cedar in the L'vanon.
13 Planted in the house of ADONAI, 
they will flourish in the courtyards of our God. 
14 Even in old age they will be vigorous, 
still full of sap, still bearing fruit, 
15 proclaiming that ADONAI is upright, my Rock, 
in whom there is no wrong.


PSALMS:  122

1 A song of ascents. 
By David: I was glad when they said to me, 
"The house of ADONAI! Let's go!" 
2 Our feet were already standing at your gates, Yerushalayim. 
3 Yerushalayim, built as a city fostering friendship and unity. 
4 The tribes have gone up there, the tribes of ADONAI, 
as a witness to Isra'el, to give thanks to the name of ADONAI. 
5 For there the thrones of justice were set up, 
the thrones of the house of David. 
6 Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim; 
may those who love you prosper. 
7 May shalom be within your ramparts, 
prosperity in your palaces. 
8 For the sake of my family and friends, 
I say, "Shalom be within you!" 
9 For the sake of the house of ADONAI our God, 
I will seek your well-being.


PROVERBS:  2

1 My son, if you will receive my words and 
store my commands inside you, 
2 paying attention to wisdom inclining 
your mind toward understanding 
3 yes, if you will call for insight and 
raise your voice for discernment, 
4 if you seek it as you would silver and 
search for it as for hidden treasure - 
5 then you will understand the fear of ADONAI and find knowledge of God. 
6 For ADONAI gives wisdom; 
from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. 
7 He stores up common sense for the upright, 
is a shield to those whose conduct is blameless, 
8 in order to guard the courses of justice and preserve 
the way of those faithful to him. 
9 Then you will understand righteousness, 
justice, fairness and every good path. 
10 For wisdom will enter your heart, 
knowledge will be enjoyable for you, 
11 discretion will watch over you, 
and discernment will guard you. 
12 They will save you from the way of evil and 
from those who speak deceitfully, 
13 who leave the paths of honesty 
to walk the ways of darkness, 
14 who delight in doing evil and 
take joy in being stubbornly deceitful, 
15 from those whose tracks are twisted and 
whose paths are perverse. 
16 They will save you from a woman who is a stranger, 
from a loose woman with smooth talk, 
17 who abandons the ruler she had in her youth and 
forgets the covenant of her God. 
18 Her house is sinking toward death, 
her paths lead to the dead. 
19 None who go to her return; 
they never regain the path to life. 
20 Thus you will walk on the way of good people 
and keep to the paths of the righteous. 
21 For the upright will live in the land, 
the pure-hearted will remain there; 
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land, 
the unfaithful rooted out of it.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 2:1 - 3:10

2:1 I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and, behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 Then I asked, "Where are you going?" He said to me, "To measure Yerushalayim, to see what is its breadth and what is its length." 3 Behold, the angel who talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him, 4 and said to him, "Run, speak to this young man, saying, 'Yerushalayim will be inhabited as villages without walls, because of the multitude of men and cattle in it. 5 For I,' says the LORD, 'will be to her a wall of fire around it, and I will be the glory in the midst of her. 6 Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north,' says the LORD; 'for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the sky,' says the LORD. 7 'Come, Tziyon! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Bavel.' 8 For thus says the LORD of hosts: 'For honor he has sent me to the nations which plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye. 9 For, behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they will be a spoil to those who served them; and you will know that the LORD of Hosts has sent me. 10 Sing and rejoice, daughter of Tziyon; for, behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you,' says the LORD. 11 Many nations shall join themselves to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people; and I will dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know that the LORD of Hosts has sent me to you. 12 The LORD will inherit Yehudah as his portion in the holy land, and will again choose Yerushalayim. 13 Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for he has roused himself from his holy habitation!" 

3:1 He showed me Yehoshua the Kohen Gadol standing before the angel of the LORD, and Hasatan standing at his right hand to be his adversary. 2 The LORD said to Hasatan, "The LORD rebuke you, Hasatan! Yes, the LORD who has chosen Yerushalayim rebuke you! Isn't this a burning stick plucked out of the fire?" 3 Now Yehoshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the angel. 4 He answered and spoke to those who stood before him, saying, "Take the filthy garments off of him." To him he said, "Behold, I have caused your iniquity to pass from you, and I will clothe you with rich clothing." 5 I said, "Let them set a clean turban on his head." So they set a clean turban on his head, and clothed him; and the angel of the LORD was standing by. 6 The angel of the LORD protested to Yehoshua, saying, 7 "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'If you will walk in my ways, and if you will keep my charge, then you also shall judge my house, and shall also keep my courts, and I will give you a place of access among these who stand by. 8 Hear now, Yehoshua the Kohen Gadol, you and your fellows who sit before you; for they are men who are a sign: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant, the Branch. 9 For, behold, the stone that I have set before Yehoshua; on one stone are seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the engraving of it,' says the LORD of Hosts, 'and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day. 10 In that day,' says the LORD of hosts, 'you will invite every man his neighbor under the vine and under the fig tree.'" 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 13:1 - 13:18

13:1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads. On his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads, blasphemous names. 
2 The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. 
3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole eretz marveled at the beast. 
4 They worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
5 A mouth speaking great things and blasphemy was given to him. Authority to continue for forty-two months was given to him. 
6 He opened his mouth for blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tent, those who dwell in heaven. 
7  It was given to him to make war with the holy ones, and to overcome them. Authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation was given to him. 
8 All who dwell on the eretz will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed. 
9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
10 If anyone gathers into captivity, into captivity he goes. If anyone will kill with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the patience and the faith of the holy ones. 
11 I saw another beast coming up out of the eretz. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon. 
12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the eretz and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 
13 He performs great signs, even making fire come down out of the sky on the eretz in the sight of men.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment