Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - September 27 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 











SEPTEMBER 27


PSALMS:   27, 57, 87, 117, 147

PROVERBS:  27

OLD TESTAMENT:  NAHUM 1:1 - 3:19

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 8:1 - 13


Psalms 27

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation. 
Whom shall I fear? 
The LORD is the strength of my life. 
Of whom shall I be afraid? 
2 When evil-doers came at me to eat up my flesh, 
Even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 
3 Though a host should encamp against me, 
My heart shall not fear. 
Though war should rise against me, 
Even then I will be confident. 
4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after, 
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, 
To see the beauty of the LORD, 
And to inquire in his temple. 
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion. 
In the covert of his tent will he hide me. 
He will lift me up on a rock. 
6 Now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies around me. 
I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent. 
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. 
7 Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice. 
Have mercy also on me, and answer me. 
8 When you said, "Seek my face," 
My heart said to you, 
"I will seek your face, LORD." 
9 Don't hide your face from me. 
Don't put your servant away in anger. 
You have been my help. 
Don't abandon me, neither forsake me, 
God of my salvation. 
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, 
Then the LORD will take me up. 
11 Teach me your way, LORD. 
Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.
12 Don't deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, 
For false witnesses have risen up against me, 
Such as breathe out cruelty. 
13 I am still confident of this: 
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 
14 Wait for the LORD. 
Be strong, and let your heart take courage. 
Yes, wait for the LORD.


PSALMS:  57

1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me, 
For my soul takes refuge in you. 
Yes, in the shadow of your wings, 
I will take refuge, 
Until disaster has passed. 
2 I cry out to El `Elyon, 
To God who accomplishes my requests for me. 
3 He will send from heaven, and save me, 
He rebukes the one who is pursuing me. 
Selah. 
God will send out his loving kindness and his truth. 
4 My soul is among lions. 
I lie among those who are set on fire, 
Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, 
And their tongue a sharp sword. 
5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens! 
Let your glory be above all the eretz! 
6 They have prepared a net for my steps. 
My soul is bowed down. 
They dig a pit before me. 
They fall into the midst of it themselves. 
Selah. 
7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. 
I will sing, yes, 
I will sing praises. 
8 Wake up, my glory! 
Wake up, psaltery and harp! 
I will wake up the dawn. 
9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples. 
I will sing praises to you among the nations. 
10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens, 
And your truth to the skies. 
11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens. 
Let your glory be over all the eretz.


PSALMS:  87

1 His foundation is in the holy mountains. 
2 The LORD loves the gates of Tziyon More than all the dwellings of Ya`akov. 
3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God. 
Selah. 
4 I will record Rachav and Bavel among those who acknowledge me. 
Behold, Peleshet, Tzor, and also Kush: 
"This one was born there." 
5 Yes, of Tziyon it will be said, 
"This one and that one was born in her;" 
The Elyon himself will establish her. 
6 The LORD will count, when he writes up the peoples, 
"This one was born there." 
Selah. 
7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "
All my springs are in you."


PSALMS:  117

1 Praise the LORD, all you nations! 
Extol him, all you peoples! 
2 For his loving kindness is great toward us. 
The LORD's faithfulness endures forever. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  147

1 Praise the LORD, 
For it is good to sing praises to our God; 
For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him. 
2 The LORD builds up Yerushalayim. 
He gathers together the outcasts of Yisra'el. 
3 He heals the broken in heart, 
And binds up their wounds. 
4 He counts the number of the stars. 
He calls them all by their names. 
5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power. 
His understanding is infinite. 
6 The LORD upholds the humble. 
He brings the wicked down to the ground.
7  Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving. 
Sing praises on the harp to our God, 
8 Who covers the sky with clouds, 
Who prepares rain for the eretz, 
Who makes grass grow on the mountains. 
9 He provides food for the cattle, 
And for the young ravens when they call. 
10 He doesn't delight in the strength of the horse. 
He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 
11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him, 
In those who hope in his loving kindness. 
12 Praise the LORD, Yerushalayim! 
Praise your God, Tziyon! 
13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates. 
He has blessed your children within you. 
14He makes shalom in your borders. 
He fills you with the finest of the wheat. 
15 He sends out his mitzvah on eretz. 
His word runs very swiftly. 
16 He gives snow like wool, 
And scatters frost like ashes.
17  He hurls down his hail like pebbles. 
Who can stand before his cold? 
18 He sends out his word, and melts them. 
He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow. 
19 He shows his word to Ya`akov; 
His statutes and his ordinances to Yisra'el. 
20 He has not done this for any nation; 
They don't know his ordinances. 
Praise the LORD!


PROVERBS:  27

1 Don't boast about tomorrow; 
For you don't know what a day may bring forth. 
2 Let another man praise you, 
And not your own mouth; 
A stranger, and not your own lips. 
3 A stone is heavy, And sand is a burden; 
But a fool's provocation is heavier than both. 
4 Wrath is cruel, 
And anger is overwhelming; 
But who is able to stand before jealousy? 
5 Better is open rebuke Than hidden love. 
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; 
Although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.
7 A full soul loathes a honeycomb; 
But to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet. 
8 As a bird that wanders from her nest, 
So is a man who wanders from his home. 
9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; 
So does earnest counsel from a man's friend. 
10 Don't forsake your friend and your father's friend. 
Don't go to your brother's house in the day of your disaster: 
Better is a neighbor who is near than a distant brother. 
11 Be wise, my son, 
And bring joy to my heart, 
Then I can answer my tormentor. 
12 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge; 
But the simple pass on, and suffer for it:
13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger; 
Hold it for a wayward woman! 
14 He who blesses his neighbor with a loud voice early in the morning, 
It will be taken as a curse by him.
15 A continual dropping on a rainy day 
And a contentious wife are alike: 
16 Restraining her is like restraining the wind, 
Or like grasping oil in his right hand. 
17 Iron sharpens iron; 
So a man sharpens his friend's countenance. 
18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit. 
He who looks after his master shall be honored. 
19 As water reflects a face, 
So a man's heart reflects the man. 
20 She'ol and Avaddon are never satisfied; 
And a man's eyes are never satisfied.
21 The crucible is for silver, 
And the furnace for gold; 
But man is refined by his praise. 
22 Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain, 
Yet his foolishness will not be removed from him. 
23 Know well the state of your flocks, 
And pay attention to your herds: 
24 For riches are not forever, 
Nor does even the crown endure to all generations. 
25 The hay is removed, and the new growth appears, 
The grasses of the hills are gathered in. 
26 The lambs are for your clothing, 
And the goats are the price of a field. 
27  There will be plenty of goats' milk for your food, 
For your family's food, 
And for the nourishment of your servant girls.


OLD TESTAMENT:  NAHUM 1:1 - 3:19

1:1 An oracle about Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nachum the Elkoshite. 2 The LORD is a jealous God and avenges. The LORD avenges and is full of wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his adversaries, and he maintains wrath against his enemies. 3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. The LORD has his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. 4 He rebukes the sea, and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers. Bashan languishes, and Karmel; and the flower of Levanon languishes. 5 The mountains quake before him, and the hills melt away. The eretz trembles at his presence, yes, the world, and all who dwell in it. 6 Who can stand before his indignation? Who can endure the fierceness of his anger? His wrath is poured out like fire, and the rocks are broken apart by him. 7 The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knows those who take refuge in him. 8 But with an overflowing flood, he will make a full end of her place, and will pursue his enemies into darkness. 9 What do you plot against the LORD? He will make a full end. Affliction won't rise up the second time. 10 For entangled like thorns, and drunken as with their drink, they are consumed utterly like dry stubble. 11 There is one gone forth out of you, who devises evil against the LORD, who counsels wickedness. 12 Thus says the LORD: "Though they be in full strength, and likewise many, even so they will be cut down, and he shall pass away. Though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more. 13 Now will I break his yoke from off you, and will burst your bonds apart." 14 The LORD has commanded concerning you: "No more descendants will bear your name. Out of the house of your gods, will I cut off the engraved image and the molten image. I will make your grave, for you are vile." 15 Behold, on the mountains the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes shalom! Keep your feasts, Yehudah! Perform your vows, for the wicked one will no more pass through you. He is utterly cut off. 

2:1 He who dashes in pieces has come up against you. Keep the fortress! Watch the way! Strengthen your loins! Fortify your power mightily! 2 For the LORD restores the excellency of Ya`akov, as the excellency of Yisra'el; for the destroyers have destroyed them, and ruined their vine branches. 3 The shield of his mighty men is made red. The valiant men are in scarlet. The chariots flash with steel in the day of his preparation, and the pine spears are brandished. 4 The chariots rage in the streets. They rush back and forth in the broad ways. Their appearance is like torches. They run like the lightnings. 5 He summons his picked troops. They stumble on their way. They dash to its wall, and the protective shield is put in place. 6 The gates of the rivers are opened, and the palace is dissolved. 7 It is decreed: she is uncovered, she is carried away; and her handmaids moan as with the voice of doves, beating on their breasts. 8 But Nineveh has been from of old like a pool of water, yet they flee away. "Stop! Stop!" they cry, but no one looks back. 9 Take the spoil of silver. Take the spoil of gold, for there is no end of the store, the glory of all goodly furniture. 10 She is empty, void, and waste. The heart melts, the knees knock together, their bodies and faces have grown pale. 11 Where is the den of the lions, and the feeding-place of the young lions, where the lion and the lioness walked, the lion's cubs, and no one made them afraid? 12 The lion tore in pieces enough for his cubs, and strangled for his lionesses, and filled his caves with the kill, and his dens with prey. 13 "Behold, I am against you," says the LORD of Hosts, "and I will burn her chariots in the smoke, and the sword will devour your young lions; and I will cut off your prey from the eretz, and the voice of your messengers will no longer be heard." 

3:1 Woe to the bloody city! It is all full of lies and robbery. The prey doesn't depart. 2 The noise of the whip, the noise of the rattling of wheels, prancing horses, and bounding chariots, 3 the horseman mounting, and the flashing sword, the glittering spear, and a multitude of slain, and a great heap of corpses, and there is no end of the bodies. They stumble on their bodies, 4 because of the multitude of the prostitution of the alluring prostitute, the mistress of witchcraft, who sells nations through her prostitution, and families through her witchcraft. 5 "Behold, I am against you," says the LORD of Hosts, "and I will lift your skirts over your face. I will show the nations your nakedness, and the kingdoms your shame. 6 I will throw abominable filth on you, and make you vile, and will set you a spectacle. 7 It will happen that all those who look at you will flee from you, and say, 'Nineveh is laid waste Who will mourn for her?' Where will I seek comforters for you?" 8 Are you better than No-Amon, who was situated among the rivers, who had the waters around her; whose rampart was the sea, and her wall was of the sea? 9 Kush and Mitzrayim were her boundless strength. Put and Luvim were her helpers. 10 Yet was she carried away. She went into captivity. Her young children also were dashed in pieces at the head of all the streets, and they cast lots for her honorable men, and all her great men were bound in chains. 11 You also will be drunken. You will be hidden. You also will seek a stronghold because of the enemy. 12 All your fortresses will be like fig trees with the first-ripe figs: if they are shaken, they fall into the mouth of the eater. 13 Behold, your troops in your midst are women. The gates of your land are set wide open to your enemies. The fire has devoured your bars. 14 Draw water for the siege. Strengthen your fortresses. Go into the clay, and tread the mortar. Make the brick kiln strong. 15 There the fire will devour you. The sword will cut you off. It will devour you like the khagav. Multiply like grasshoppers. Multiply like the arbeh. 16 You have increased your merchants more than the stars of the skies. The grasshopper strips, and flees away. 17 Your guards are like the locusts, and your officials like the swarms of locusts, which settle on the walls on a cold day, but when the sun appears, they flee away, and their place is not known where they are. 18 Your shepherds slumber, king of Ashshur. Your nobles lie down. Your people are scattered on the mountains, and there is no one to gather them. 19 There is no healing your wound, for your injury is fatal. All who hear the report of you clap their hands over you; for who hasn't felt your endless cruelty? 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 8:1 - 13

8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah Yeshua, who don't walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah Yeshua made me free from the law of sin and of death. 
3 For what the law couldn't do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh; 
4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 
5 For those who are after the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 
6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and shalom; 
7 because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God's law, neither indeed can it be. 
8 Those who are in the flesh can't please God. 
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn't have the Spirit of Messiah, he is not his. 
10 If Messiah is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. 
12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 
13 For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment