Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 10 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














OCTOBER 10


PSALMS:   10, 40, 70, 100, 130

PROVERBS:  10

OLD TESTAMENT:  MALACHI 1:1 - 2:17

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 21:1 - 27


PSALMS:  10

1 Why do you stand far off, LORD? 
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? 
2 In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak; 
They are caught in the schemes that they devise. 
3 For the wicked boasts of his heart's cravings, 
He blesses the greedy, and condemns the LORD. 
4 The wicked, in the pride of his face, 
Has no room in his thoughts for God. 
5 His ways are prosperous at all times; 
He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight: 
As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them. 
6 He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken; 
For generations I shall have no trouble." 
7  His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. 
Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity. 
8 He lies in wait near the villages. 
From ambushes, he murders the innocent. 
His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.
9 He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. 
He lies in wait to catch the helpless. 
He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
10 The helpless are crushed, they collapse, 
They fall under his strength. 
11 He says in his heart, "God has forgotten. 
He hides his face. He will never see it." 
12 Arise, LORD! God, lift up your hand! 
Don't forget the helpless. 
13 Why does the wicked condemn God, 
And say in his heart, "God won't call me into account?" 
14 But you do see trouble and grief; 
You consider it to take it into your hand. 
You help the victim and the fatherless. 
15 Break the arm of the wicked. 
As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none. 
16 The LORD is King forever and ever! 
The nations will perish out of his land. 
17 LORD, you have heard the desire of the humble. 
You will prepare their heart. 
You will cause your ear to hear, 
18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, 
That man who is of the eretz may terrify no more.


PSALMS:  40

1 I waited patiently for the LORD. 
He turned to me, and heard my cry. 
2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. 
He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand. 
3 He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God. 
Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, 
And doesn't respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 
5 Many, LORD, my God, are the wonderful works which you have done, 
And your thoughts which are toward us. 
They can't be set in order to you; 
If I would declare and speak of them, 
they are more than can be numbered. 
6 Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire. 
My ears have you opened: 
Burnt offering and sin offering have you not required. 
7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come. 
It is written about me in the book in the scroll.
8 I delight to do your will, my God. 
Yes, your law is within my heart."
9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness in the great assembly. 
Behold, I will not seal my lips, LORD, you know. 
10 I have not hidden your righteousness within my heart. 
I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation. 
I have not concealed your loving kindness and your truth from the great assembly. 
11 Don't withhold your tender mercies from me, LORD. 
Let your loving kindness and your truth continually preserve me. 
12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me. 
My iniquities have overtaken me, 
so that I am not able to look up. 
They are more than the hairs of my head. 
My heart has failed me. 
13 Be pleased, LORD, to deliver me. 
Hurry to help me, LORD. 
14 Let them be put to shame and confounded together 
who seek after my soul to destroy it. 
Let them be turned backward and 
brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt. 
15 Let them be desolate by reason of their shame that tell me, "Aha! Aha!"
16 Let all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you. 
Let such as love your salvation say continually, 
"Let the LORD be exalted!"
17 But I am poor and needy; 
May the Lord think about me. 
You are my help and my deliverer. 
Don't delay, my God.


PSALMS:  70

1 Hurry, God, to deliver me. 
Come quickly to help me, LORD.
2 Let them be put to shame and confounded who seek my soul. 
Let those who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. 
3 Let them be turned because of their shame 
Who say, "Aha! Aha!" 
4 Let all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you. 
Let those who love your yeshu`ah continually say, 
"Let God be exalted!" 
5 But I am poor and needy. 
Come to me quickly, God. 
You are my help and my deliverer, 
LORD, don't delay.


PSALMS:  100

1 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all you lands! 
2 Serve the LORD with gladness. 
Come before his presence with singing. 
3 Know that the LORD, he is God. 
It is he who has made us, and we are his. 
We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, 
Into his courts with praise. 
Give thanks to him, and bless his name. 
5 For the LORD is good. 
His loving kindness endures forever, 
His faithfulness to all generations.


PSALMS:  130

1 Out of the depths I have cried to you, LORD. 
2 Lord, hear my voice. 
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions. 
3 If you, the LORD, kept a record of sins, 
Lord, who could stand? 
4 But there is forgiveness with you, 
Therefore you are feared. 
5 I wait for the LORD. 
My soul waits. 
I hope in his word. 
6 My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning; 
More than watchmen for the morning. 
7 Yisra'el, hope in the LORD, 
For with the LORD there is loving kindness. 
With him is abundant redemption. 
8 He will redeem Yisra'el from all their sins.


PROVERBS:  10

1 The proverbs of Shlomo. 
A wise son makes a glad father; 
But a foolish son brings grief to his mother. 
2 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, 
But righteousness delivers from death. 
3 The LORD will not allow the soul of the righteous to go hungry, 
But he thrusts away the desire of the wicked. 
4 He becomes poor who works with a lazy hand, 
But the hand of the diligent brings wealth. 
5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son, 
But he who sleeps during the harvest is a son who causes shame. 
6 Blessings are on the head of the righteous, 
But violence covers the mouth of the wicked. 
7 The memory of the righteous is blessed, 
But the name of the wicked will rot. 
8 The wise in heart accept mitzvot, 
But a chattering fool will fall.
9 He who walks blamelessly walks surely, 
But he who perverts his ways will be found out. 
10 One winking with the eye causes sorrow, 
But a chattering fool will fall. 
11 The mouth of the righteous is a spring of life, 
But violence covers the mouth of the wicked. 
12Hatred stirs up strife, 
But love covers all wrongs. 
13 Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has discernment, 
But a rod is for the back of him who is void of understanding. 
14 Wise men lay up knowledge, 
But the mouth of the foolish is near ruin. 
15 The rich man's wealth is his strong city. 
The destruction of the poor is their poverty. 
16 The labor of the righteous leads to life. 
The increase of the wicked leads to sin. 
17  He is in the way of life who heeds correction, 
But he who forsakes reproof leads others astray. 
18 He who hides hatred has lying lips. 
He who utters a slander is a fool. 
19 In the multitude of words there is no lack of disobedience, 
But he who restrains his lips does wisely. 
20 The tongue of the righteous is like choice silver. 
The heart of the wicked is of little worth. 
21 The lips of the righteous feed many, 
But the foolish die for lack of understanding.
22 The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, 
And he adds no trouble to it. 
23 It is a fool's pleasure to do wickedness, 
But wisdom is a man of understanding's pleasure. 
24 What the wicked fear, will overtake them, 
But the desire of the righteous will be granted. 
25 When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more; 
But the righteous is an everlasting foundation. 
26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, 
So is the sluggard to those who send him. 
27 The fear of the LORD prolongs days, 
But the years of the wicked shall be shortened. 
28 The prospect of the righteous is joy, 
But the hope of the wicked will perish. 
29 The way of the LORD is a stronghold to the upright, 
But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 
30 The righteous will never be removed, 
But the wicked will not dwell in the land. 
31 The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, 
But the perverse tongue will be cut off. 
32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, 
But the mouth of the wicked is perverse.


OLD TESTAMENT:  MALACHI 1:1 - 2:17

1:1 An oracle: the word of the LORD to Yisra'el by Mal'akhi. 2 "I have loved you," says the LORD. Yet you say, "How have you loved us?" "Wasn't Esav Ya`akov's brother?" says the LORD, "Yet I loved Ya`akov; 3 but Esav I hated, and made his mountains a desolation, and gave his heritage to the jackals of the wilderness." 4 Whereas Edom says, "We are beaten down, but we will return and build the waste places;" thus says the LORD of Hosts, "They shall build, but I will throw down; and men will call them 'The Wicked Land,' even the people against whom the LORD shows wrath forever." 5 Your eyes will see, and you will say, "The LORD is great -- even beyond the border of Yisra'el!" 6 "A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, then where is my honor? And if I am a master, where is the respect due me? Says the LORD of Hosts to you, Kohanim, who despise my name. You say, 'How have we despised your name?' 7 You offer polluted bread on my altar. You say, 'How have we polluted you?' In that you say, 'The LORD's table contemptible.' 8 When you offer the blind for sacrifice, isn't that evil? And when you offer the lame and sick, isn't that evil? Present it now to your governor! Will he be pleased with you? Or will he accept your person?" says the LORD of Hosts. 9 "Now, please entreat the favor of God, that he may be gracious to us. With this, will he accept any of you?" says the LORD of Hosts. 10 "Oh that there were one among you who would shut the doors, that you might not kindle fire on my altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you," says the LORD of hosts, "neither will I accept an offering at your hand. 11 For from the rising of the sun even to the going down of the same my name is be great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering: for my name is great among the nations," says the LORD of Hosts. 12 "But you profane it, in that you say, 'The LORD's table is polluted, and its fruit, even its food, is contemptible.' 13 You say also, 'Behold, what a weariness it is!' and you have sniffed at it," says the LORD of Hosts; "and you have brought that which was taken by violence, the lame, and the sick; thus you bring the offering. Should I accept this at your hand?" says the LORD. 14 "But the deceiver is cursed, who has in his flock a male, and vows, and sacrifices to the Lord a blemished thing; for I am a great King," says the LORD of hosts, "and my name is awesome among the nations." 

2:1 "Now, you Kohanim, this mitzvah is for you. 2 If you will not listen, and if you will not lay it to heart, to give glory to my name," says the LORD of Hosts, "then will I send the curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have cursed them already, because you do not lay it to heart. 3 Behold, I will rebuke your seed, and will spread dung on your faces, even the dung of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it. 4 You will know that I have sent this mitzvah to you, that my covenant may be with Levi," says the LORD of Hosts. 5 "My covenant was with him of life and shalom; and I gave them to him who he might be reverent toward me; and he was reverent toward me, and stood in awe of my name. 6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and unrighteousness was not found in his lips. He walked with me in shalom and uprightness, and turned many away from iniquity. 7 For the Kohen's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth; for he is the messenger of the LORD of Hosts. 8 But you have turned aside out of the way. You have caused many to stumble in the law. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi," says the LORD of Hosts. 9 "Therefore I have also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according to the way you have not kept my ways, but have had respect for persons in the law. 10 Don't we all have one father? Hasn't one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, profaning the covenant of our fathers? 11 Yehudah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Yisra'el and in Yerushalayim; for Yehudah has profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loves, and has married the daughter of a foreign god. 12 The LORD will cut off, to the man who does this, him who wakes and him who answers, out of the tents of Ya`akov, and him who offers an offering to the LORD of Hosts. 13 This again you do: you cover the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with sighing, because he doesn't regard the offering any more, neither receives it with good will at your hand. 14 Yet you say, 'Why?' Because the LORD has been witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously, though she is your companion, and the wife of your covenant. 15 Did he not make one, although he had the residue of the Spirit? Why one? He sought a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. 16 For I hate divorce," says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, "and him who covers his garment with violence!' says the LORD of Hosts. "Therefore take heed to your spirit, that you don't deal treacherously. 17 You have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet you say, 'How have we wearied him?' In that you say, 'Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delights in them;' or 'Where is the God of justice?'


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 21:1 - 27

21:1 I saw a new heaven and a new eretz: for the first heaven and the first eretz have passed away, and the sea is no more. 
2 I saw the holy city, New Yerushalayim, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 
3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, "Behold, God's tent is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 
4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away. 
5 He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." 
6 He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alef and the Tav, the Beginning and the End. I will give freely to him who is thirsty from the spring of the water of life. 
7  He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son. 
8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." 
9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls, who were laden with the seven last plagues came, and he spoke with me, saying, "Come here. I will show you the wife, the Lamb's bride." 
10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and shown me the holy city, Yerushalayim, coming down out of heaven from God, 
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, as if it was a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 
12 having a great and high wall; having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Yisra'el. 
13 On the east were three gates; and on the north three gates; and on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 
14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them twelve names of the twelve Apostles of the Lamb. 
15 He who spoke with me had for a measure a golden reed to measure the city, its gates, and its walls. 
16 The city lies foursquare, and its length is as great as its breadth. He measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand stadia. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. 
17 He measured its wall, one hundred forty-four cubits, by the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. 
18 The construction of its wall was jasper. The city was pure gold, like pure glass. 
19 The foundations of the city's wall were adorned with all kinds of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, yahalom; 
20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprasus; the eleventh, jacinth; and the twelfth, amethyst. 
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls. Each one of the gates was made of one pearl. The street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. 
22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God, Shaddai, and the Lamb, are its temple. 
23 The city has no need for the sun, neither of the moon, to shine, for the very glory of God illuminated it, and its lamp is the Lamb. 
24 The nations will walk in its light. The kings of the eretz bring their glory into it. 
25 Its gates will in no way be shut by day (for there will be no night there),
26 and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
27  There will in no way enter into it anything profane, or one who causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment