Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 25 - Full Text - In memory and honor of my best high school friend’s birthday and AZA Brother -- Henry Stuart Fine!! Celebrating the memory of my Grandmother Henrietta Katz Horowitz!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















SEPTEMBER 25


PSALMS:   25, 55, 85, 115, 145

PROVERBS:  25

OLD TESTAMENT:  MICAH 1:1 - 4:13

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 6:1 - 17


PSALMS:  25

1 To you, LORD, do I lift up my soul. 
2 My God, in you have I trusted, 
Let me not be put to shame. 
Don't let my enemies triumph over me. 
3 Yes, no one who waits for you shall be put to shame. 
They shall be put to shame who deal treacherously without cause. 
4 Show me your ways, LORD. 
Teach me your paths. 
5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me, 
For you are the God of my salvation, 
I wait for you all day long. 
6 LORD, remember your tender mercies and your loving kindness, 
For they are from old times. 
7 Don't remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. 
Remember me according to your loving kindness, 
For your goodness' sake, LORD. 
8 Good and upright is the LORD, 
Therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.
9 He will guide the humble in justice. 
He will teach the humble his way. 
10 All the paths of the LORD are loving kindness and truth 
To such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 
11 For your name's sake, LORD, 
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 
12 What man is he who fears the LORD? 
He shall instruct him in the way that he shall choose. 
13 His soul shall dwell at ease. 
His seed shall inherit the land. 
14 The friendship of the LORD is with those who fear him. 
He will show them his covenant. 
15 My eyes are ever on the LORD, 
For he will pluck my feet out of the net. 
16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me, 
For I am desolate and afflicted. 
17  The troubles of my heart are enlarged. 
Oh bring me out of my distresses. 
18 Consider my affliction and my travail. 
Forgive all my sins. 
19 Consider my enemies, for they are many. 
They hate me with cruel hatred. 
20 Oh keep my soul, and deliver me. 
Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. 
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, 
For I wait for you. 
22 Redeem Yisra'el, God, 
Out all of his troubles.


PSALMS:  55

1 Listen to my prayer, God. 
Don't hide yourself from my supplication. 
2 Attend to me, and answer me. 
I am restless in my complaint, and moan, 
3 Because of the voice of the enemy, 
Because of the oppression of the wicked. 
For they bring suffering on me. 
In anger they hold a grudge against me. 
4 My heart is severely pained within me. 
The terrors of death have fallen on me. 
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come on me. 
Horror has overwhelmed me. 
6 I said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! 
Then I would fly away, and be at rest. 
7 Behold, then I would wander far off. 
I would lodge in the wilderness." 
Selah. 
8 "I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest." 
9 Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language, 
For I have seen violence and strife in the city. 
10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls. 
Malice and abuse are also within her. 
11 Destructive forces are within her. 
Threats and lies don't depart from her streets. 
12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me, 
Then I could have endured it. 
Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me, 
Then I would have hid myself from him. 
13 But it was you, a man like me, 
My companion, and my familiar friend. 
14 We took sweet fellowship together. 
We walked in God's house with the throng. 
15 Let death come suddenly on them. 
Let them go down alive into She'ol. 
For wickedness is in their dwelling, in the midst of them. 
16 As for me, I will call on God. 
The LORD will save me. 
17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress. 
He will hear my voice. 
18 He has redeemed my soul in shalom from the battle that was against me, 
Although there are many who oppose me. 
19 God, who is enthroned forever, 
Will hear, and answer them. 
Selah. 
They never change, 
Who don't fear God. 
20 He raises his hands against his friends. 
He has violated his covenant. 
21 His mouth was smooth as butter, 
But his heart was war. 
His words were softer than oil, 
Yet they were drawn swords. 
22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you. 
He will never allow the righteous to be moved. 
23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction. 
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days, 
But I will trust in you.


PSALMS:  85

1 LORD, you have been favorable to your land. 
You have restored the fortunes of Ya`akov. 
2 You have forgiven the iniquity of your people. 
You have covered all their sin. 
Selah. 
3 You have taken away all your wrath. 
You have turned from the fierceness of your anger. 
4 Turn us, God of our salvation, 
And cause your indignation toward us to cease. 
5 Will you be angry with us forever? 
Will you draw out your anger to all generations? 
6 Won't you revive us again, 
That your people may rejoice in you? 
7 Show us your loving kindness, LORD. 
Grant us your salvation. 
8 I will hear what God, the LORD, will speak, 
For he will speak shalom to his people, his holy ones; 
But let them not turn again to folly. 
9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, 
That glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth meet together. 
Righteousness and shalom have kissed each other. 
11 Truth springs out of the eretz. 
Righteousness has looked down from heaven. 
12 Yes, the LORD will give that which is good. 
Our land will yield its increase. 
13 Righteousness goes before him, 
And prepares the way for his steps.


PSALMS:  115

1 Not to us, LORD, not to us, 
But to your name give glory, 
For your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake. 
2 Why should the nations say, 
"Where is their God, now?" 
3 But our God is in the heavens. 
He does whatever he pleases. 
4 Their idols are silver and gold, 
The work of men's hands. 
5 They have mouths, but they don't speak; 
They have eyes, but they don't see; 
6 They have ears, but they don't hear; 
They have noses, but they don't smell; 
7  They have hands, but they don't feel; 
They have feet, but they don't walk; 
Neither do they speak through their throat. 
8 Those who make them will be like them; 
Yes, everyone who trusts in them. 
9 Yisra'el, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
10 House of Aharon, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
12 The LORD remembers us. 
He will bless us. 4
He will bless the house of Yisra'el. 
He will bless the house of Aharon. 
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, 
Both small and great. 
14 May the LORD increase you more and more, 
You and your children. 
15 Blessed are you by the LORD, 
Who made heaven and eretz. 
16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD; 
But the eretz has he given to the children of men. 
17  The dead don't praise the LORD, 
Neither any who go down into silence; 
18 But we will bless the LORD, 
From this time forth and forevermore. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  145

1 I will exalt you, my God, the King. 
I will praise your name forever and ever. 
2 Every day I will praise you. 
I will extol your name forever and ever. 
3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised! 
His greatness is unsearchable. 
4 One generation will commend your works to another, 
And will declare your mighty acts. 
5 Of the glorious majesty of your honor, 
Of your wondrous works, I will meditate. 
6 Men will speak of the might of your awesome acts. 
I will declare your greatness. 
7 They will utter the memory of your great goodness, 
And will sing of your righteousness. 
8 The LORD is gracious, merciful, 
Slow to anger, and of great loving kindness. 
9 The LORD is good to all. 
His tender mercies are over all his works.
10 All your works will give thanks to you, LORD. 
Your holy ones will extol you. 
11 They will speak of the glory of your kingdom, 
And talk about your power; 
12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, 
The glory of the majesty of his kingdom. 
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. 
Your dominion endures throughout all generations. 
14 The LORD upholds all who fall, 
And raises up all those who are bowed down. 
15 The eyes of all wait for you. 
You give them their food in due season. 
16 You open your hand, 
And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, 
And gracious in all his works. 
18 The LORD is near to all those who call on him, 
To all who call on him in truth. 
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear him. 
He also will hear their cry, and will save them. 
20 The LORD preserves all those who love him, 
But all the wicked he will destroy. 
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD. 
Let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.


PROVERBS:  25

1 These also are proverbs of Shlomo, 
which the men of Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah copied out. 
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, 
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. 
3 As the heavens for height, and the eretz for depth, 
So the hearts of kings are unsearchable. 
4 Take away the dross from the silver, 
And material comes out for the refiner; 
5 Take away the wicked from the king's presence, 
And his throne will be established in righteousness. 
6 Don't exalt yourself in the presence of the king, 
Or claim a place among great men; 
7 For it is better that it be said to you, "Come up here,
" Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, 
Whom your eyes have seen. 
8 Don't be hasty in bringing charges to court. 
What will you do in the end when your neighbor shames you? 
9 Debate your case with your neighbor, 
And don't betray the confidence of another; 
10 Lest one who hears it put you to shame, 
And your bad reputation never depart. 
11 A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in settings of silver. 
12 As an ear-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, 
So is a wise reprover to an obedient ear. 
13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, 
So is a faithful messenger to those who send him; 
For he refreshes the soul of his masters. 
14 As clouds and wind without rain, 
So is he who boasts of gifts deceptively. 
15 By patience a ruler is persuaded. 
A soft tongue breaks the bone. 
16 Have you found honey? 
Eat as much as is sufficient for you, 
Lest you eat too much, and vomit it. 
17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, 
Lest he be weary of you, and hate you. 
18 A man who gives false testimony against his neighbor 
Is like a club, a sword, or a sharp arrow. 
19 Confidence in someone unfaithful in time of trouble 
Is like a bad tooth, or a lame foot. 
20 As one who takes away a garment in cold weather, 
Or vinegar on soda, So is one who sings songs to a heavy heart. 
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; 
If he is thirsty, give him water to drink: 
22 For you will heap coals of fire on his head, 
And the LORD will reward you. 
23 The north wind brings forth rain: 
So a backbiting tongue brings an angry face. 
24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
25 Like cold water to a thirsty soul, 
So is good news from a far country. 
26 Like a muddied spring, and a polluted well, 
So is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked. 
27 It is not good to eat much honey; 
Nor is it honorable to seek ones own honor. 
28 Like a city that is broken down and without walls 
Is a man whose spirit is without restraint.


OLD TESTAMENT:  MICAH 1:1 - 4:13

1:1 The word of the LORD that came to Mikhah the Morashti in the days of Yotam, Achaz, and Hizkiyahu, kings of Yehudah, which he saw concerning Shomron and Yerushalayim. 2 Hear, you peoples, all of you. Listen, O eretz, and all that is therein: And let the Lord GOD be witness against you, The Lord from his holy temple. 3 For, behold, the LORD comes forth out of his place, And will come down and tread on the high places of the eretz. 4 The mountains melt under him, And the valleys split apart, Like wax before the fire, Like waters that are poured down a steep place. 5 "All this is for the disobedience of Ya`akov, And for the sins of the house of Yisra'el. What is the disobedience of Ya`akov? Isn't it Shomron? And what are the high places of Yehudah? Aren't they Yerushalayim? 6 Therefore I will make Shomron like a rubble heap of the field, Like places for planting vineyards; And I will pour down its stones into the valley, And I will uncover its foundations. 7 All her idols will be beaten to pieces, And all her temple gifts will be burned with fire, And all her images I will destroy; For of the hire of a prostitute has she gathered them, And to the hire of a prostitute shall they return." 8 For this I will lament and wail; I will go stripped and naked; I will howl like the jackals, And moan like the daughters of owls. 9 For her wounds are incurable; For it has come even to Yehudah. It reaches to the gate of my people, Even to Yerushalayim. 10 Don't tell it in Gat, Don't weep at all. At Beit-La`afrah I have rolled myself in the dust. 11 Pass on, inhabitant of Shafir, in nakedness and shame. The inhabitant of Tza'anan won't come out. The wailing of Beit-Ha`etzel will take from you his protection. 12 For the inhabitant of Marot waits anxiously for good, Because evil has come down from the LORD to the gate of Yerushalayim. 13 Harness the chariot to the swift steed, inhabitant of Lakhish. She was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Tziyon; For the transgressions of Yisra'el were found in you. 14 Therefore you will give a parting gift to Moreshet-Gat. The houses of Akhziv will be a deceitful thing to the kings of Yisra'el. 15 I will yet bring to you, inhabitant of Mareshah, He who is the glory of Yisra'el will come to `Adullam. 16 Shave your heads, And cut off your hair for the children of your delight. Enlarge your baldness like the rakham; For they have gone into captivity from you! 

2:1 Woe to those who devise iniquity And work evil on their beds! When the morning is light, they practice it, Because it is in the power of their hand. 2 They covet fields, and seize them; And houses, and take them away: And they oppress a man and his house, Even a man and his heritage. 3 Therefore thus says the LORD: "Behold, I am planning against these people a disaster, From which you will not remove your necks, Neither will you walk haughtily; For it is an evil time. 4 In that day they will take up a parable against you, And lament with a doleful lamentation, saying, 'We are utterly ruined! My people's possession is divided up. Indeed he takes it from me and assigns our fields to traitors!'" 5 Therefore you will have no one who divides the land by lot in the assembly of the LORD. 6 "Don't you prophesy!" They prophesy. "Don't prophesy about these things. Disgrace won't overtake us." 7  Shall it be said, O house of Ya`akov: "Is the Spirit of the LORD angry? Are these his doings? Don't my words do good to him who walks blamelessly?" 8 But lately my people have risen up as an enemy. You strip the robe and clothing from those who pass by without a care, returning from battle. 9 You drive the women of my people out from their pleasant houses; From their young children you take away my blessing forever. 10 Arise, and depart! For this is not your resting place, Because of uncleanness that destroys, Even with a grievous destruction. 11 If a man walking in a spirit of falsehood lies: 'I will prophesy to you of wine and of strong drink;' He would be the prophet of this people. 12 I will surely assemble, Ya`akov, all of you; I will surely gather the remnant of Yisra'el; I will put them together as the sheep of Botzrah, As a flock in the midst of their pasture; They will throng with people. 13 He who breaks open the way goes up before them. They break through the gate, and go out. And their king passes on before them, With the LORD at their head." 

3:1 I said, "Please listen, you heads of Ya`akov, And rulers of the house of Yisra'el: Isn't it for you to know justice? 2 You who hate the good, And love the evil; Who tear off their skin, And their flesh from off their bones; 3 Who also eat the flesh of my people, And flay their skin from off them, And break their bones, And chop them in pieces, as for the pot, And as flesh within the caldron. 4 Then they will cry to the LORD, But he will not answer them. Yes, he will hide his face from them at that time, Because they made their deeds evil." 5 Thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who lead my people astray; for those who feed their teeth, they proclaim, "Shalom!" and whoever doesn't provide for their mouths, they prepare war against him: 6 "Therefore night is over you, with no vision, And it is dark to you, that you may not divine; And the sun will go down on the prophets, And the day will be black over them. 7 The seers shall be put to shame, And the diviners confounded. Yes, they shall all cover their lips; For there is no answer from God." 8 But as for me, I am full of power by the Spirit of the LORD, And of judgment, and of might, To declare to Ya`akov his disobedience, And to Yisra'el his sin. 9 Please listen to this, you heads of the house of Ya`akov, And rulers of the house of Yisra'el, Who abhor justice, And pervert all equity. 10 They build up Tziyon with blood, And Yerushalayim with iniquity. 11 Her leaders judge for bribes, And her Kohanim teach for a price, And her prophets of it tell forturnes for money: Yet they lean on the LORD, and say, Isn't the LORD in the midst of us? No disaster will come on us. 12 Therefore Tziyon for your sake will be plowed like a field, And Yerushalayim will become heaps of rubble, And the mountain of the temple like the high places of a forest. 

4:1 But in the latter days, It will happen that the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established on the top of the mountains, And it will be exalted above the hills; And peoples will stream to it. 2 Many nations will go and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, And to the house of the God of Ya`akov; And he will teach us of his ways, And we will walk in his paths." For out of Tziyon will go forth the law, And the word of the LORD from Yerushalayim; 3 And he will judge between many peoples, And will decide concerning strong nations afar off. They will beat their swords into plowshares, And their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Neither will they learn war any more. 4 But they will sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; And no one will make them afraid: For the mouth of the LORD of Hosts has spoken. 5 Indeed all the nations may walk in the name of their gods; But we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever. 6 "In that day," says the LORD, "I will assemble that which is lame, And I will gather that which is driven away, And that which I have afflicted; 7 And I will make that which was lame a remnant, And that which was cast far off a strong nation: And the LORD will reign over them on Mount Tziyon from then on, even forever. 8 You, tower of the flock, the hill of the daughter of Tziyon, To you it will come, Yes, the former dominion will come, The kingdom of the daughter of Yerushalayim. 9 Now why do you cry out aloud? Is there no king in you? Has your counselor perished, That pains have taken hold of you as of a woman in travail? 10 Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, daughter of Tziyon, Like a woman in travail; For now you will go forth out of the city, And will dwell in the field, And will come even to Bavel. There you will be rescued. There the LORD will redeem you from the hand of your enemies. 11 Now many nations have assembled against you, that say, 'Let her be defiled, And let our eye gloat over Tziyon.' 12 But they don't know the thoughts of the LORD, Neither do they understand his counsel; For he has gathered them like the sheaves to the threshing floor. 13 Arise and thresh, daughter of Tziyon; For I will make your horn iron, And I will make your hoofs brass; And you will beat in pieces many peoples: And I will devote their gain to the LORD, And their substance to the Lord of the whole eretz. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 6:1 - 17

6:1 I saw that the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying, as with a voice of thunder, "Come and see!" 
2 I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow. A crown was given to him, and he came forth conquering, and to conquer. 
3 When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come!" 
4 Another came forth, a red horse. To him who sat on it was given to take shalom from the eretz, and that they should kill one another. There was given to him a great sword. 
5 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come and see!" I saw, and behold, a black horse. He who sat on it had a balance in his hand. 
6 I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A choenix of wheat for a denarius, and three choenix of barley for a denarius! Don't damage the oil and the wine!" 
7  When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see!"
8 I saw, and behold, a pale horse. He who sat on him, his name was Death. She'ol followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the eretz, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the eretz was given to them. 
9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. 
10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, Master, the holy and true, do you not judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the eretz?" 
11 There was given to each one of them a white robe. It was said to them that they should rest yet for a little time, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, had been fulfilled. 
12 I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake. The sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became as blood. 
13 The stars of the sky fell to the eretz, as a fig tree drops its unripe figs when it is shaken by a great wind. 
14 The sky was removed as a scroll when it is rolled up. Every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 
15 The kings of the eretz, the princes, the commanding officers, the rich, the strong, and every slave and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains. 
16 They told the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 
17  for the great day of his wrath has come; and who is able to stand?"

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment