Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 1 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














OCTOBER 1


PSALMS:   1, 31, 61, 91, 121

PROVERBS:  1

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 1:1 - 21

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 12:1 - 17


PSALMS:  1

1 How blessed are those who reject the advice of the wicked, 
don't stand on the way of  sinners or sit where scoffers sit! 
2 Their delight is in ADONAI's Torah; 
on his Torah they meditate day and night. 
3 They are like trees planted by streams -they bear their fruit in season, 
their leaves never wither, everything they do succeeds. 
4 Not so the wicked, who are like chaff driven by the wind. 
5 For this reason the wicked won't stand up to the judgment, 
nor will sinners at the gathering of the righteous. 
6 For ADONAI watches over the way of the righteous, 
but the way of the wicked is doomed.


PSALMS:  31

1 For the leader. 
A psalm of David: 
In you, ADONAI, I take refuge; 
let me never be put to shame; 
in your justice, save me! 
2 Turn your ear toward me, come quickly to my rescue, 
be for me a rock of strength, a fortress to keep me safe. 
3 Since you are my rock and fortress, lead me and guide me for your name's sake. 
4 Free me from the net they have hidden to catch me, because you are my strength. 
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit; 
you will redeem me, ADONAI, God of truth. 
6 I hate those who serve worthless idols; 
as for me, I trust in ADONAI. 
7  I will rejoice and be glad in your grace, 
for you see my affliction, 
you know how distressed I am. 
8 You did not hand me over to the enemy; 
you set my feet where I can move freely. 
9 Show me favor, ADONAI, for I am in trouble. 
My eyes grow dim with anger, my soul and body as well. 
10 For my life is worn out with sorrow and my years with sighing; 
my strength gives out under my guilt, and my bones are wasting away. 
11 I am scorned by all my adversaries, and even more by my neighbors; 
even to acquaintances I am an object of fear when they see me in the street, 
they turn away from me. 
12 Like a dead man, I have passed from their minds; 
I have become like a broken pot. 
13 All I hear is whispering, terror is all around me; 
they plot together against me, scheming to take my life.
14 But I, I trust in you, ADONAI; I say, "You are my God." 
15 My times are in your hand; 
rescue me from my enemies' power, from those who persecute me. 
16 Make your face shine on your servant; 
in your grace, save me. 
17 ADONAI, don't let me be put to shame, 
for I have called on you; 
let the wicked be put to shame, l
et them be silenced in Sh'ol. 
18 May lying lips be struck dumb, 
that speak insolently against the righteous with such pride and contempt. 
19 But oh, how great is your goodness, 
which you have stored up for those who fear you, 
which you do for those who take refuge in you, before people's very eyes! 
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human plots, 
you conceal them in your shelter, safe from contentious tongues. 
21 Blessed be ADONAI! 
For he has shown me his amazing grace when I was in a city under siege. 
22 As for me, in my alarm I said, "I have been cut off from your sight!
"Nevertheless, you heard my pleas when I cried out to you. 
23 Love ADONAI, you faithful of his. 
ADONAI preserves the loyal, but the proud he repays in full. 
24 Be strong, and fill your hearts with courage, 
all of you who hope in ADONAI.


PSALMS:  61

1 For the leader. 
A psalm of David: 
In you, ADONAI, I take refuge; 
let me never be put to shame; in your justice, save me! 
2 Turn your ear toward me, come quickly to my rescue, 
be for me a rock of strength, a fortress to keep me safe. 
3 Since you are my rock and fortress, 
lead me and guide me for your name's sake. 
4 Free me from the net they have hidden to catch me, 
because you are my strength. 
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit; 
you will redeem me, ADONAI, God of truth. 
6 I hate those who serve worthless idols; 
as for me, I trust in ADONAI. 
7 I will rejoice and be glad in your grace, 
for you see my affliction, 
you know how distressed I am. 
8 You did not hand me over to the enemy; 
you set my feet where I can move freely. 
9 Show me favor, ADONAI, for I am in trouble. 
My eyes grow dim with anger, my soul and body as well. 
10 For my life is worn out with sorrow and my years with sighing; 
my strength gives out under my guilt, and my bones are wasting away. 
11 I am scorned by all my adversaries, and even more by my neighbors; 
even to acquaintances I am an object of fear when they see me in the street, 
they turn away from me. 
12 Like a dead man, I have passed from their minds; 
I have become like a broken pot. 
13 All I hear is whispering, terror is all around me; 
they plot together against me, scheming to take my life.
14 But I, I trust in you, ADONAI; 
I say, "You are my God." 
15 My times are in your hand; 
rescue me from my enemies' power, from those who persecute me. 
16 Make your face shine on your servant; 
in your grace, save me. 
17 ADONAI, don't let me be put to shame, 
for I have called on you; 
let the wicked be put to shame, 
let them be silenced in Sh'ol. 
18 May lying lips be struck dumb, 
that speak insolently against the righteous with such pride and contempt. 
19 But oh, how great is your goodness, 
which you have stored up for those who fear you, 
which you do for those who take refuge in you, 
before people's very eyes! 
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human plots, 
you conceal them in your shelter, safe from contentious tongues. 
21 Blessed be ADONAI! 
For he has shown me his amazing grace when I was in a city under siege. 
22 As for me, in my alarm I said, "I have been cut off from your sight!
"Nevertheless, you heard my pleas when I cried out to you. 
23 Love ADONAI, you faithful of his. 
ADONAI preserves the loyal, 
but the proud he repays in full. 
24 Be strong, and fill your hearts with courage, 
all of you who hope in ADONAI.


PSALMS:  91

1 You who live in the shelter of 'Elyon, 
who spend your nights in the shadow of Shaddai, 
2 who say to ADONAI, 
"My refuge! 
My fortress! 
My God, in whom I trust!" 
3 he will rescue you from the trap of the hunter and from the plague of calamities; 
4 he will cover you with his pinions, 
and under his wings you will find refuge; 
his truth is a shield and protection. 
5 You will not fear the terrors of night or the arrow that flies by day, 
6 or the plague that roams in the dark, 
or the scourge that wreaks havoc at noon. 
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand; 
but it won't come near you. 
8 Only keep your eyes open, and you will see how the wicked are punished. 
9 For you have made ADONAI, the Most High, 
who is my refuge, your dwelling-place. 
10 No disaster will happen to you, 
no calamity will come near your tent; 
11 for he will order his angels to care for you and guard you wherever you go. 
12 They will carry you in their hands, 
so that you won't trip on a stone. 
13 You will tread down lions and snakes, 
young lions and serpents you will trample underfoot. 
14 "Because he loves me, I will rescue him; 
because he knows my name, I will protect him. 
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him. 
I will be with him when he is in trouble. 
I will extricate him and bring him honor. 
16 I will satisfy him with long life and show him my salvation."


PSALMS:  121

1 A song of ascents: 
If I raise my eyes to the hills, 
from where will my help come? 
2 My help comes from ADONAI, 
the maker of heaven and earth. 
3 He will not let your foot slip -your guardian is not asleep. 
4 No, the guardian of Isra'el never slumbers or sleeps.
5 ADONAI is your guardian; at your right hand 
ADONAI provides you with shade 
6 the sun can't strike you during the day or even the moon at night. 
7 ADONAI will guard you against all harm; 
he will guard your life. 
8 ADONAI will guard your coming and going from now on and forever.


PROVERBS:  1

1 The proverbs of Shlomo the son of David, king of Isra'el, 
2 are for learning about wisdom and discipline; f
or understanding words expressing deep insight; 
3 for gaining an intelligently disciplined life, 
doing what is right, just and fair; 
4 for endowing with caution those who don't think and the 
young person with knowledge and discretion.
5 Someone who is already wise will hear and learn still more; 
someone who already understands will gain the ability to counsel well;
6 he will understand proverbs, obscure expressions, 
the sayings and riddles of the wise. 
7 The fear of ADONAI is the beginning of knowledge, 
but fools despise wisdom and discipline. 
8 My son, heed the discipline of your father, 
and do not abandon the teaching of your mother; 
9 they will be a garland to grace your head, 
a medal of honor for your neck. 
10 My son, if sinners entice you, 
don't go along with them. 
11 Suppose they say, "Come with us: 
we'll ambush somebody and kill him, 
we'll waylay some harmless soul, just for fun;
12 we'll swallow him alive, like Sh'ol, whole, 
like those who descend to the pit; 
13 we'll find everything he has of value, 
we'll fill our homes with loot! 
14 Throw in your lot with us; 
we'll share a common purse"- 
15 my son, don't go along with them, 
don't set foot on their path; 
16 Their feet run to evil, they rush to shed blood. 
17 For in vain is the net baited if any bird can see it; 
18 rather, they are ambushing themselves 
to shed their own blood, waylaying themselves. 
19 So are the ways of all greedy for gain -it takes the lives of those who get it. 
20 Wisdom calls aloud in the open air and raises her voice in the public places; 
21 she calls out at streetcorners and speaks out at entrances to city gates: 
22 "How long, you whose lives have no purpose, 
will you love thoughtless living? 
How long will scorners find pleasure in mocking? 
How long will fools hate knowledge? 
23 Repent when I reprove -I will pour out my spirit to you, 
I will make my words known to you. 
24 Because you refused when I called, 
and no one paid attention when I put out my hand, 
25 but instead you neglected my counsel and would not accept my reproof; 
26 I, in turn, will laugh at your distress, 
and mock when terror comes over you 
27 yes, when terror overtakes you like a storm and your disaster approaches like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble assail you. 
28 Then they will call me, but I won't answer; 
they will seek me earnestly, but they won't find me. 
29 Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of ADONAI, 
30 they refused my counsel and despised my reproof. 
31 So they will bear the consequences of their own way 
and be overfilled with their own schemes. 
32 For the aimless wandering of the thoughtless will kill them,
 and the smug overconfidence of fools will destroy them; 
33 but those who pay attention to me will live securely, 
untroubled by fear of misfortune."


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 1:1 - 21

1:1 In the eighth month, in the second year of Daryavesh, the word of the LORD came to Zekharyah the son of Berekhyah, the son of `Iddo, the prophet, saying, 
2 "The LORD was very displeased with your fathers. 
3 Therefore tell them: Thus says the LORD of Hosts: 'Return to me,' says the LORD of Hosts, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD of Hosts. 
4 Don't you be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets proclaimed, saying: Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Return now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings;' but they did not hear, nor listen to me, says the LORD. 
5 Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever? 
6 But my words and my decrees, which I commanded my servants the prophets, didn't they overtake your fathers? "Then they repented and said, 'Just as the LORD of Hosts determined to do to us, according to our ways, and according to our practices, so he has dealt with us.'" 
7  On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Shevat, in the second year of Daryavesh, the word of the LORD came to Zekharyah the son of Berekhyah, the son of `Iddo, the prophet, saying, 
8 "I had a vision in the night, and, behold, a man riding on a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in a ravine; and behind him there were red, brown, and white horses. 
9 Then I asked, 'My lord, what are these?'" The angel who talked with me said to me, "I will show you what these are." 
10 The man who stood among the myrtle trees answered, "They are the ones the LORD has sent to go back and forth through the eretz." 
11 They reported to the angel of the LORD who stood among the myrtle trees, and said, "We have walked back and forth through the eretz, and, behold, all the eretz is at rest and in shalom." 
12 Then the angel of the LORD replied, "O LORD of Hosts, how long will you not have mercy on Yerushalayim and on the cities of Yehudah, against which you have had indignation these seventy years?" 
13 The LORD answered the angel who talked with me with kind and comforting words. 
14 So the angel who talked with me said to me, "Proclaim, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "I am jealous for Yerushalayim and for Tziyon with a great jealousy. 
15 I am very angry with the nations that are at ease; for I was but a little displeased, but they added to the calamity."
16 Therefore thus says the LORD: "I have returned to Yerushalayim with mercy. My house shall be built in it," says the LORD of Hosts, "and a line shall be stretched forth over Yerushalayim."' 
17 "Proclaim further, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of Hosts: "My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and the LORD will again comfort Tziyon, and will again choose Yerushalayim."'" 
18 I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and, behold, four horns. 
19 I asked the angel who talked with me, "What are these?" He answered me, "These are the horns which have scattered Yehudah, Yisra'el, and Yerushalayim."
20 The LORD showed me four craftsmen. 
21 Then I asked, "What are these coming to do?" He said, "These are the horns which scattered Yehudah, so that no man lifted up his head; but these have come to terrify them, to cast down the horns of the nations, which lifted up their horn against the land of Yehudah to scatter it."


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 12:1 - 17

12:1 A great sign was seen in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 
2 She was with child. She cried out, laboring and in pain, giving birth. 
3 Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns. 
4 His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the eretz. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child. 
5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron. Her child was caught up to God, and to his throne. 
6 The woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that there they may nourish her one thousand two hundred sixty days. 
7  There was war in the sky. Mikha'el and his angels made war on the dragon. The dragon and his angels made war. 
8 They didn't prevail, neither was a place found for him any more in heaven. 
9 The great dragon was thrown down, the old serpent, he who is called the Devil and Hasatan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was thrown down to the eretz, and his angels were thrown down with him. 
10 I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now is come the salvation, the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah; for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.
11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.
12 Therefore rejoice, heavens, and you who dwell in them. Woe for the eretz and for the sea, because the devil has gone down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a short time." 
13 When the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the eretz, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child. 
14 Two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 
15 The serpent spewed water out of his mouth after the woman like a river, that he might cause her to be carried away by the stream. 
16 The eretz helped the woman, and the eretz opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon spewed out of his mouth. 
17  The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep God's mitzvot and hold Yeshua' testimony.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment